5.16.2010

Keukenhof

When I was younger I never understood why when we drove around neighborhoods my mom would comment on the pretty yards and flowers. I thought she was nuts. I thought that when I got old I would never care about something as boring as flowers. Well here I am, caring, A LOT, about flowers. We went to Keukenhof last week, it's a flower garden/museum type thing. We drove to Holland to see the tulip fields but most had been cut down already so we went here. They even had a petting zoo for Bumski, baby pony, baby sheep, and even guinea pigs! 
















8 comments:

Kathleen said...

I love all of the photos. Your pictures of the flowers are gorgeous:)
I love the photo of you and Taft in the wooden shoe.

La said...

I love the flowers. Very beautiful.

Herways Go West said...

Holland does their flowers right. Glad you could go see them.

Pew Family said...

Those are Amazing! How beautiful you got to see that in person.

Staci Davies said...

Wow. What I'd give to be where you are and see what you're seeing. So cool. Love all the pics and up-dates. So when will you be back!?

Tyler and Emily said...

So beautiful!! Looks like your having so much fun!

natalie said...

Looks like the flowers were in full bloom for you! That is great. I was pretty happy with how kid friendly it was. I tried to be brave and let the kids do the petting zoo, but after a goat peed (and splattered) 5 feet from me... I grabbed my kids and booked it outta there!

Veronica said...

The flowers are amazing. How Bart would have loved to be with you in Holland. You look like you are having a great trip in Europe. I am glad you get to have this time together before big bad residency starts. Enjoy. Thanks for taking time to post. It is fun to ready about your trip and enjoy it vicariously. Be safe.