In case anyone is wondering, Seth graduated from medical school. We didn't attend the actual graduation because of our whereabouts and sadly, nobody including ourselves, remembered the event until two days had passed. I made an impromptu diploma with scrap paper and markers. Seth wants everyone to know that they don't need to call him Dr. Herway. He wants to keep things cazsh so friends and family can just call him Dr. Seth.
Did you know that Seth hasn't attended any of his graduations since high school? That's three graduations. I admit, graduations are booooring, but it makes things a little anticlimactic don'cha think? Right now it feels just like, "Woopee. Glad that's over" when we really should be CELEBRATING! Seth doesn't really see a whole lotta point to celebrating til after residency because what he becomes next is basically an indentured servant.
I think we should celebrate because Seth actually worked quite hard these past four years. For the record, Seth has been able to do a really great job at balancing his real life (me, The Boy, fun stuff) and school. Many a folk have asked if it's been hard these last four years but it hasn't been at all. I like to attribute it to the fact that Seth has his priorities well in check and doesn't care if he's at the top of his class if it means sacrificing other things that are more important to him. I like that about him. I think he'll always be like that because the guy already wants to retire and likes/looks forward to down time more than anyone I know. So to celebrate, I think we should do Seth's favorite and thing and have some down time. Oh yeah, that's what we've been doing this whole month.
5.29.2010
First Things First
Posted by Heidi at 6:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
It is a crime we didn't have a mock graduation at the very least. Still, I know his reward is to have down time, and that's what he got!
Congrats to both of you.
Congrats Dr. Seth. I will inform Bryn. Seth, did you get Bryn's email?
Post a Comment