5.29.2010

The City of Love

Seth and I left early, early one morning and took the train to Paris to stay for a two days and a night. It was heavenly. Traveling without a child is much, much, much easier and I highly recommend cramming in a bunch of travel before having a kiddo. Not that traveling with kids is really hard, per se, it's just a million times easier without. AND when it's just you and your husband, you can take a nap on the Place de Voge. In the middle of the day. In the sun. Together. Like I said, heavenly.


We rented bikes which I loved until we were on small streets with lots of cars and lots of people. But most of the time I loved it. We didn't take many pictures because we were really just enjoying taking our time seeing the city again, enjoying being together, and only worrying about ourselves.

5 comments:

Herways Go West said...

I guess you didn't get a picture of both of you sleeping on Place Vosges, huh? ha.ha. Taft must have gotten the word that it was time to relax b/c he slept till 8:30am and took a 2 2 and 1/2 hour nap and went back to bed at 8pm. He was a dream. Thanks!

natalie said...

It is the city of love isn't it? I didn't know about the bikes til Colie told me about them after her mission. That is the way to go!

Michael Bluth said...

So I am going to take your advice and do some traveling before I have kids. In fact, I am going to travel before I get married which usually comes first anyway. Nick is in Rome right now and I am molto geloso. Oh and I wanted to come visit maybe over the 4th. What do you think?

La said...

I LOVE Paris. Love it. My week with Dan there last summer was my fav ever. And the bikes are the best way to see Paris. Although I was humming the wicked witch tune as I drove through the streets.

Colie said...

I used to run around La Place des Vosges every morning when I served in downtown Paris because our apartment was about 2 blocks away. Paris me manque!