5.03.2010

Guten Tag


This is Taft getting in touch with his German ancestry. Both Bluth and Herway are German so we found it appropriate to dress our child as a German for a day or "Deutsch Kind fur einen Tag". 

We do have German ancestry but my mom actually dressed my younger brother in these lederhosen over 20 years ago and has saved them until now. One of my BFFs and former USU roommmate, Staci took Taft's one-year pictures last week and posted a sneak peak on her blog. I can't wait to see the others! 

Note: I made the shirt Taft is wearing. Booya. Although it looks like a girl shirt (per Seth) I was going for vintage boy shirt. It is too small and was not fun at all to put on or take off, but it served it's purpose of making the outfit seem authentic. 

Wouldn't you totally buy a bratwurst and sauerkraut from this kid?

Auf Wiedersehen


17 comments:

Melanie Herway said...

Is that really Taft? Has he changed that much? I honestly can't believe it.

Amy Eagleston said...

Are you kidding me? That is the coolest picture/outfit ever. Awesome!

Jame said...

Stop that!! This is the cutest picture ever!! My goodness. He looks so grown up!!

The Searle Family said...

No Heidi, HE is so cute! I have been waiting for a post because I love seeing his cute face.

Herways Go West said...

I remember your Mom buying the socks in Garmisch! Taft rocks. His German ancestors are thrilled. And yes, I'm in line to buy some sauerkraut!

Unknown said...

what an adorable German child!! Seriously Heidi I can't get over how cute he is!!!

La said...

Cute boy. I love this picture.

natalie said...

SO ADORABLE!!! Oh my gosh. I am dying! Every time we've gone to Germany or even to a German town in the U.S I look at the lederhosen and sigh that I don't have a boy. Seriously. That is my #1 reason to want a boy.

Meg said...

Oh my! Could he get any cuter?? Loving his outfit...he looks rad!

Colie said...

Is it legal of me to send this photo off to Parenting? This is cover page worthy, guys - seriously! Taft is charming!

Heidi said...

Made my day :) miss him soooo much.

Heidi said...

Uh oh. This is Taylor BTW on heidis account I guess... Awkward.

Abbie O. said...

Oh my gosh, I am dying right now. I love it!! I can't wait to see the rest!! And I think his shirt is darling:)

The Browns said...

ok seriously so cute! love every thing about little taft man!

Tyler and Emily said...

Cutest outfit ever! I ran into your mom and Taft at Costco, it was so fun to see them!

Ang said...

That turned out so cute! Love it!

coach handbags said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.