12.01.2010

Thanksgiving

My family came in to town for Thanksgiving and it was awesome. Despite terrible driving conditions, car problems, and pass closures everyone made it in safely by Wednesday evening. Taft was spoiled right away by getting to open two early Christmas presents from his grandparents- the Cars DVD so he no longer watches it in segments on YouTube and a Cars couch to become a couch potato on. He was in heaven.

We started off Thanksgiving morning with a Turkey Trot at our favorite park. I accidentally donated my camera in our bag of canned goods. Oops. My mom and I walked with Taft in the stroller while the rest of the crew ran the course. Taft was bundled up nice and warm in his new-to-him snowsuit from his cousin Brauer. At the end of the Trot Taft went sledding for the first time in his life. He was a fan.




My mom and I cooked Thanksgiving dinner together the rest of the day. I'd never made anything for Thanksgiving before and I was surprised and very happy with how things turned out. I was a bit worried because the night before I had messed up cookies and two pies. Everything else turned out just fine though. Everyone totally scarfed their food in like 15 minutes and we hardly talked about what we were grateful for, but I think it was clear that everyone was at least grateful for good food.



The rest of the weekend was spent lounging around, shopping, more eating, BYU v. Utah game watching, Forgotten Carols, a visit to Santa, and an early birthday celebration for yours truly.

I can't believe how much Seth looks like a Redneck and MAN I am looking old these days

Give Taft candy and he will love you forever




It was so great to have our entire family together. We hadn't all be together since February which is a first for our family. Up until February we've all always lived within 30 minutes of each other and now it's just my parents and Lanx in Utah, then the rest of us are in different states. We probably won't all be together again until my brother's wedding next August. It's weird that we're all growing up and getting our own lives.

Taylor was the last family member to leave on Monday. Taft cried when she left and then I got teary too when I walked back into our apartment and the coat rack was empty and I realized everyone really was gone and I wouldn't see everyone together for quite a while. I think Taft and I have sunk into somewhat of a depression this week but we have LOTS to look forward to in the next month! One month from today is my due date! I bought some newborn diapers today and opened them up. I forgot how teeny-tiny they are. We can't wait for our new little baby to get here.

11 comments:

Kathleen said...

Thanks for hosting Thanksgving with such great hospitality! We had such a wonderful time...I wish we didn't have to wait so long before we're all together again. BUT I'm glad that I get to come again in less than a month for the arrival of my second grandson!

PS thanks for not posting the photo of us at the head of the thanskgiving spread...that was not a good photo:(

Taylor Bluth said...

so umm thanks for the double chin action shot.

Herways Go West said...

that picture of Taft and Lanx...so cute. How is it possible for Taft to just get cuter by the minute???
I hate the empty coat rack feeling. Seriously. It's so hard! I also hate the departure level at the airport...when I'm left behind of course. As you say, you look forward to the future though, and only 30 days till due date. wow!
Glad you all could be together. Sure makes you appreciate each other so much!

Unknown said...

you guys are such a beautiful family!! Sounds like such fun times :) and I love Taft's sweater!!

La said...

AW!!! I loved this post. Taft looks so cute in his cardigan and dress pants. I love him. Seth as WT is my favorite look for him. And I can't believe how cute and skinny you are and you are only 30 days away!!! I can't. And the bonus of this post is seeing your cute sisters. I love those two. I want to hang out.

Faszha Fones said...

Sugar Dee, Garth Seth, and Abusski Bunny Bunchunski:

I too have been in a post-Spokane funk. I keep thinking about our time together and how captivating Busski is, just to be around him. Thank you for making our time so memorable. (The images of Seth tense and writhing around in his chair at the Marriott Courtyard lounge during the Y-U games will stay with me until next year's re-match.)

Michael Bluth said...

Thanks again Nog and Garth, it was really fun. The food really was great. I was full that whole trip!

Melanie Herway said...

Rachel saw Seth and said, "he almost looks like Jesus" and I can't believe your little one will be here so soon!

Colie said...

Fun! I hope Taft gets some quality sledding time while he has the snow because next Christmas he'll be surfing. :)

Tyler and Emily said...

So fun! I loved visits from family when we were away. And NOBODY'S legs should be as skinny as yours in the turkey trot pic when they are pregnant...I hope that is photo-shopped for the sake of all other pregnant girls looking at this...

RyanandHailee said...

Wow... Good job for hosting! It looked like you guys had such a blast I bet it was great to have all your family there! Missyou tons and can't wait for the new babes to get here... Love ya good luck!