Last Saturday we had our two only Christmas parties that Seth would be available for scheduled for the same night- our ward party and Seth's work party. As luck would have it, Taft came down with his worst bug ever the same day which lasted until about Wednesday. We missed our parties and were super duper bummed out about it. I felt really bad for Taft but also had a short pity party for myself as well. It's different being away from family during the holidays, it's the first Christmas since being married that we'll be spending it with just our little family. I'm actually really looking forward to Christmas Eve and Christmas morning just us. We have been trying to do as much holiday stuff as Seth's schedule allows though and it's been really fun. Last Sunday we thought Taft was maybe feeling a little better so we took a evening drive to Coeur d'Alene to see the light display in the harbor. These were our favorites:
Wednesday night we went to a free Christmas concert that was advertised in the paper. We knew it was put on by middle and high schoolers but we laughed as we left when we felt like we were probably the only people there who didn't actually know one of the students.
One of the residents in Seth's group is having a party tomorrow night but Seth has to miss it because he's on call. Bummer. Taft and I are still planning to go.
It was so sad to have Taft so sick all week. He slept a ton, hardly ate anything, and rarely smiled for two or three days straight. Although, he did have a spurt of energy and sillyness and had fun taking pictures in photobooth with this Russia hat on.
In Baby Number 2 news, I have an induction scheduled for Dec. 31st! My mom gets into town the night of the 30th and then the next day we should have a new baby. I am to the very, very, VERY uncomfortable stage of this pregnancy and I am so so glad we have an end date set.




9 comments:
Sad that Taft was so sick! And, yea for new baby! I can't wait to see him and to hear his name!
what cool lights!! and WOO HOO for baby number 2 coming so soon :)
can't wait for you to get out of the uncomfortable stage! I feel I am already there and still have another whole month! Whew! Can't wait to see your babe.
Dec. 31st! I'm sooo excited. I also request a pregnant shot. You're just such a cute pregnant lady!
Poor Taft! Sick babies are no fun.
So Dec. 31st! Wow. I think your pregnancy went by fast for me because you posted hardly any preggo shots. I second Colie's request. :)
I'm so excited for Dec 31st! I can't believe it's almost here.
It looks like it was a very festive night in Coeur D'Alene. I love the photos.
I am sorry to hear that Taft has been sick. Zane has been sick for over a week. Influenza A. It has sucked. I can't wait for new baby boy photos!!!
Oh yea! The day they set the date you get to meet your baby is so exciting! So Congrats on that! So Sorry your other one is sick, sick babies are the worst! It makes me so sad for them, you wish you could just take it from them and be sick instead! Can't wait to see your new little one! love ya!
We wish you a very merry Christmas....first time to be just your own family. It's especially fun b/c you have your own baby boy to welcome! Sad that Taft was sick. The Christmas lights look really great.
Post a Comment