I should be in bed right now but I can't sleep or even begin to settle my mind down to try to sleep. I'M HAVING A BABY TOMORROW!
Today Seth took the day off so we tried to spend some extra fun time with Taft. We took him to the children's museum which normally he loves but since kids are out of school for the holidays it was kind of a zoo. I'm feeling a little guilty about having another baby and that Taft has no idea what's coming. My brain knows I shouldn't feel guilty at all because siblings rock and it's much better to have sibling relationships than to have one-on-one attention from your parents your entire life. Still though, part of me just wishes Taft were a little older so I could explain the huge change that's coming.
My mom got in tonight which is a huge relief. She'll take care of the Taftman until I'm back from the hospital and will stay about a week to help out. Then Auntie Lanx comes to provide additional assistance for about another week. Seth's on-call tomorrow night which in a way sucks but in a way is good timing. We'll both be at the hospital and instead of sleeping in the on-call room he can sleep on the pull-out in my room in Post-Partum.
I'm kind of in denial about all the negative post-partum effects that are coming my way. I HATED the physical recovery with Taft and for some reason I just keep thinking it won't be nearly as bad this time. Let's hope I'm right. I just remember the day after feeling like I had literally been hit by a semi-truck. For some reason my back was so so sore I couldn't stand up right. I won't even mention all the other physical effects that seemed to last forever and I thought surely I would die from. My mom asked if I was worried about anything i.e. not getting much sleep. I've thought about this a little but at the same time I just keep thinking I'm a pro or something and it's going to be a piece of cake. I'm totally out of my mind.
I need to get myself sleepy because I have an early curtain time tomorrow morning. I think I'll take a hot bath, make some tea, and watch an episode or two of Friends.
Nighty night. I'll report back in a day or two. Be prepared for a seriously cute baby boy.
12.30.2010
It's Time
Posted by Heidi at 11:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Hooray! Good luck!! Can't wait to see pictures of the new little guy. We'll be thinking about you.
I can't wait!!! It is so exciting and I am loving being with the Taftman!
Yea! Can't wait to see him!
Good Luck and I can't wait to see pictures of the new baby!
Hopefully your little guy has already arrived (it's 3pm PST). Can't wait to see pics of him. I'm sure he'll fit right in with the rest of the family in no time, and you won't remember what life was like without him. :)
Ahhh so exciting!! Can't wait to see pictures :)
He's here and I want pictures!!!
Post a Comment