Like I said in a previous post, we tried to take advantage of as much free holiday stuff as Seth's schedule permitted. Lucky for us, Seth was able to take two days in addition to Christmas Eve and Christmas off. Christmas Eve afternoon downtown was offering free carriage rides. I stood in line for about an hour while Seth kept Taft entertained walking around the mall and outside. Taft loved the 5 minute ride and flipped when we had to leave.
 |
| Carolers! |
We came home to have a nice dinner with just our little family, opened our Christmas pjs, broke out the C. Kay Cummings chocolates, put Taft to bed, then read the Christmas story and started to watch The Nativity Story movie but got too sleepy about 20 minutes into it. It's a good thing we went to bed early because Taft woke up at 5!! He's been doing that for about two weeks now and it's really getting old. But since it was Christmas morning I was happy to be awake to get the present opening started!
 |
| What a haul! |
Christmas morning was really fun with Taft. He really liked his gifts although I think he was definitely overwhelmed. We were several hours into the morning and he still had presents he hadn't opened. I made my first ever cinnamon rolls FROM SCRATCH. Probably the most ambitious thing I've ever made. I used Pioneer Woman's recipe and they were pretty bomb if I do say so myself. I probably could have cooked them a tad longer to get the middles done a little more but they were still really good. We took some to a friend later in the day and he texted Seth the following: "Tell Heidi those cinnamon rolls blew my mind." Why thank you. (I share this information because usually I'm not a very good cook). We skyped with my family later in the morning, had a conference call with the Herways and Missionary Steve-O. In the evening we had a huge Christmas meal with a few of our friends who also stayed around for the holiday.
 |
| Christmas Sunday - I'm as big as a freaking house. |
 |
| Handsome Bow Tie Little Boy |
We had a great, great Christmas and although we missed family we really enjoyed having it just our tiny family this year. Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! Now here comes a New Year and a New Baby!
7 comments:
Looks like you had a picture perfect Christmas. Just the 3 of you. We missed you but glad we could connect with Elder Herway....good luck on Friday.
I am impressed you made cinnamon rolls. I tried to this year as well, although mine DID NOT turn out:o( You look beautiful!
What a good looking family all decked out in your Sunday best! You do not look as big as freaking house!
I'm glad that you were creative and found some free activities to get in to the holiday spirit.
I'm sure this will be a Christmas you will always remember:)
Heidi,
you look so beautiful! And Taft is adorbs! Sending my love (and something in the mail) for a safe and healthy delivery. ps- maybe if you think about coming out, try to be in utah the weekend of sept 24. i'm just sayin... ;)
You look beautiful, what are you talking about crazy! Your family looks so cute all dressed up. Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas. Can't wait to see that baby!
Just want to say good luck with labor and delivery! I'll be thinking of you, can't wait to see the little guy! Merry Christmas, and happy new year!
You guys are too cute! Love Taft's cardigan, bow tie, and corduroys. Cinnamon rolls are my favorite dessert! Oh and I especially love a doughy center!
Post a Comment