12.07.2010
Leavenworth
A few hours away from Spokane is a little Bavarian town called Leavenworth. Seth saw somewhere online that it's rated one of the best places to spend Christmas. This past weekend (in honor of my birthday) Leavenworth started their Christmas festival. We went Sunday for the street lighting ceremony and arrival of Saint Nikolaus. It was very Christmas-y and a great way to start off the holiday season.
Leavenworth definitely had a very German feel, complete with brats and kraut and even the Christmas spinny-pyramid things! Although it kinda bummed me out that we won't be spending Christmas in Belgium or anywhere in Europe for that matter for a very long time if ever. Bummer.
We stayed the night in Leavenworth at a condo-type thing and Seth made a yummy birthday dinner complete with my favorite sugar cookie in place of a cake. Apparently Taft was very excited for the salad.
Posted by Heidi at 7:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



14 comments:
What a waste of perfectly good German pretzels on that tree!! haha. Oh I would do anything for a real german pretzel.
This town looks very Christmasy. I love it. It is definitely the next best place for Christmas if you can't be in Europe.
Fun! It looks legit and hopefully the food was too. Don't you love that your birthday is always so lit up with lights & everyone is in a good mood?
Ohh we went there last year! I loved that little town :) hope you're feeling good, and had a happy birthday, love ya!
What a perfect birthday celebration! I think that town totally rocks. Why is it that Christmas seems to be made for Europe, especially Germany? That town pulls it off in a big way!
Happy Birthday.
Love it! I wish we could have gone. I'm glad that you a husband who always plans fun trips!..glad it was such a great birthday to remember
Wow, looks like it was a beautiful trip. We were bummed we couldn't make it. Hope you had a wonderful birthday!
Wow. Look festive, and def a celebration of you. Hope it was a great birthday. Sorry again about the phone call. I'm an idiot.
Love all the videos below! Taft is a hilarious. He's got some moves too, that's for sure.
Miss you!
That looks so fun! What a great way to start off the season!
That town looks positively adorable! So wish I could visit there.
And a very happy birthday on Sunday! I hope you had lots of fun, I'm glad Seth was able to spoil you a bit :)
Happy Birthday! Late again, but still. I really drop the ball on birthday's. I did think about you this week. I was remembering our time in Russia. I've never met anyone so kind and good and free of gossip. That has always been something I love about you. You never speak poorly of other people. I want to be more like that. Anyway, I did think of you, even if I failed to let you know on your birthday. I hope it was wonderful, just like you.
Happy Birthday! I love that town. I am sucker for Christmas in Germany, I think I am going to put that on my list of places to visit.
That looks like so much fun! Happy Birthday!
I have lots of things to say about your blog, cuz I have not read it in a bit...but in sum... I MISS YOU!!! U seriously are so awesome! I got teary eyed reading this entry. Ur the best! Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas!
You got the next best thing to Europe...that place looks incredible!!!
Post a Comment