1.01.2011

Luke



Meet the world's newest heartbreaker...



Lukas Wilson Herway
12/31/10
4:56 p.m.
7 lbs. 8 oz.
20 inches


The morning started off by walking from our apartment across the street to the hospital. Did you know I have now walked to deliver both my babies because we've literally lived directly across from the hospital both times? We think it's pretty cool. 


My induction was scheduled for 7:30 a.m. We got settled quickly and the morning hours went by really fast. My contractions weren't too bad but I still ended up getting my epidural too early I think. I shouldn't have gotten it as early as I did but the contractions were making me have to go the bathroom and it was a pain to get unhooked from the machines each time. By the late afternoon I was starting to feel sick from the anesthesia and just felt really yucky. Around 4:30 it was finally time to start pushing and at 4:56 Luke graced us with his presence. Seth helped deliver Luke just like he did with Taft. It was of course a miraculous experience impossible to describe. This time around I began crying just while pushing because I knew what was coming. It's such an overwhelming, beautiful experience. I had an absolutely wonderful L&D nurse and my doctor was really great too. 
first picture with dad


My mom and Taft came over shortly after Luke was born. Taft is so sweet and soft with Luke and I think he's going to be a great big brother. He's had a rough couple days with the changes and he's a little sick and a tad overly emotional but he loves to see the baby and is great at being soft with him. 

first family picture

proud nana



ready to go home!
Luke is a sweet, sweet boy. He kind of looks like Taft but also has his own look as well. He's definitely lighter than Taft was and his eyes seem like they might be blue or at least lighter than Taft's. We're so glad he's here and in our family now. 

17 comments:

Taylor Bluth said...

I love it. He looks so much different than Taft. It's exciting to think of what he'll look like in a few months. I can't believe it's going to be like 4 months before I get to see him, and you guys. Keep your blog updated because I'm more than likely going to be checking it several times a day :]

La said...

I am so happy that you posted!!! I love this little guy. In the pictures he appears to have Seth's coloring. He is a beautiful boy. I can't wait to meet him. And congrats to Taft for being a awesomely soft big brother.

Herways Go West said...

Thanks for the pictures. I'm thrilled for all of you. Great that Seth was able to help deliver Luke like he did Taft....I think Luke looks alot like Seth did as a new baby. And we are all wondering how you manage to still look fabulous even after delivering a baby!
Now you are home! Good luck!!! Lucky Nana....get enough hugs for me too, ok Nana?

Jen and Jared said...

Yay, congratulations! He looks like a real sweetie. I love how excited Taft looks in the family picture. He'll be a great older bro for sure. BFF's in the making. :)

Melanie Herway said...

Hurray! Congrats! I'm glad everything went well and I can't wait to meet the little guy. The second one really is so special because you now know how fast it all goes. Enjoy that littleness!!!

Cindy said...

Another good looking Herway boy. I never saw Seth as a baby but the second photo really looks like Seth to me. Luke looks so sweet. I know Taft will be a great big brother. Enjoy!

Ang said...

Yea! Congratulations! He is beautiful. I am totally jealous of that tininess.

Meg said...

I've been waiting for you to post these! Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys. He is absolutely darling! I got a little choked up reading your post, when you said you started to cry during the delivery..just anticipating his arrival. I can't wait for that feeling:) Love you.

Jame said...

Congratulations!!! He is so cute! I loved the videos too! Taft is a crack up! You make very cute babies!

Emily said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

natalie said...

YAAAAAAYYYYY!!!

Pew Family said...

I'm so happy for you! He is so beautiful! You look darling after just having a baby. He looks so tiny in his car seat. Congratulations! Love you!

Faszha Fones said...

Wow, what a wonderful little baby Lukas. Congratulations. I wish I were there with you, but I'm glad Sweetin / Nana Plum is there. Luke is a lucky baby. I've always appreciated having an older brother who is not that much older than myself. It helps a lot. Taft and Luke will be great friends.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! He is adorable. So glad the delivery and everything went smoothly. We're happy for your little family!

Laurel said...

Congrats, he is adorable! Love the name too!

Melanee said...

So Sweet! Congratulations. And you look amazing too.

Lindsey said...

Yay, congrats!!