8.02.2010

What's Been Up

Taft and I have been in Utah for a couple of weeks. I know, I just moved like a month ago but listen to me for a sec. Taft is the first and only grandchild on my side and he's kind of a big deal. That's exactly what I told two ladies on the plane who asked if I lived in Salt Lake or Spokane. The whole time we've been here my mom has mentioned to people, "...well my grandson is in town..." or "...I can't make it because I'm spending time with my grandson". Um, what about your grandson's mother?! You know, your oldest and favorite daughter? She's here too. Just kidding Mom. But seriously, he is a really big deal around these parts.

We head home in a couple of days and both of us are really excited to see Seth. He's been working long, long hours while we've been gone. He'll still have to work long, long hours these next few weeks, but at least we'll get to see  him a couple hours a day.

Poor Taft has had an ear infection since yesterday and the poor little boy feels like he is on fire half the time. Just the other day I told Seth, "I can't believe Taft hasn't had an ear infection yet." Then I said, "Knock on wood" and I knocked on some wood. It didn't work.

We also find out if this peanut in my belly is a boy or a girl on Thursday. Everybody on my side of the family thinks girl except for Taylor. Who, by the way, was just offered a full-ride scholarship to play soccer at the junior college in Arizona. Woot, woot!

I know people (i.e. grandparents and other family members) primarily check this blog to see pictures of the Taftman so sorry to disappoint. Once I'm back home I'll have pictures to share.

Peace out.

6 comments:

Herways Go West said...

I still like your post to catch up on your life...even without the pictures. So thanks!
Poor Taft with an ear infection...yuck.
Congrats to Taylor! Wow!
And my guess? I hope for Boy for Seth but I also guess girl.

La said...

Uhm...I like you. :)

Unknown said...

So glad you got to be home and YAYA for Tates :)

Laurel said...

Glad you could go visit family especially with Seth so busy. Keep us posted on the baby!

Colie said...

I guess boy!

natalie said...

I want gender info ASAP. call me!!!