8.24.2010

Dear Friends,

I miss you. I want to go to lunch and drink Diet Coke and get dessert. I don't care how Utah this sounds or how it's totally something you would read on Seriously So Blessed. It's just how I feel.

I haven't been 'homesick' until this week. I think I already mentioned that Seth is on night float and we only see him for a short couple hours in the afternoon each day and I think this is contributing to my homesickness. I'm not even really homesick, because I actually feel at home here. I guess I'm just friends and family sick.

I was talking to my mom earlier and was telling her how tired I was because T.T. got up waaaaay early today. She said she wished she could come over and watch him so I could take a nap. I wish you could have come over too Mom.

Did you know that since I've lived in Utah nearly my entire life I haven't had to make brand new friends since first grade. I mean, I've moved for college and stuff and have made new friends along the way, but I still was at least in lunching (I'm lame) distance with my old friends.

People are super nice here and I know people now and all, but I still miss my friend-friends. You know?

Good news is Seth's parents are coming to visit next weekend. We even bought an air-mattress just for the occassion. :)




For the record I really like it here. I just wish that all you could live here too.

10 comments:

Ang said...

Love you Heidi! We miss you guys!

Kathleen said...

I miss all of you too! I'm so tempted to hop on a plane and visit. One of these days....

Colie said...

I'm Taft-sick (v. homesick). I miss that kid!
I know what you mean though - I don't know a soul in San Diego ... so there's a lot of souls to get to know here!

La said...

:) I think it is totally okay to miss friends and family. I don't think that is "seriously so blessed at all. I think that is normal. Super normal. When we come, we can have the boys watch the kids (or just Dan if Seth is working) and go to lunch and drink d. pepsi.

La said...

:) I think it is totally okay to miss friends and family. I don't think that is "seriously so blessed at all. I think that is normal. Super normal. When we come, we can have the boys watch the kids (or just Dan if Seth is working) and go to lunch and drink d. pepsi.

ambs* said...

Miss you too! Esp right now! Thanks for your encouraging words of support. Lots of love to you guys :)

Lanxie Jo said...

love and miss you nog family. i really hope it works out that we can see you when i'm in seattle, and then for a few weeks when the baby comes? that'd be legit :D maybe i'll move to san diego.. who knows

Herways Go West said...

Wow, I'm excited to be among your first visitors! We will give the new air-mattress a good initiation and let your other visitors know whether they should come or not. Ha!
It's a shock to the system to move and start from scratch. I empathize...my friends move every 2 to 3 years and it seems I am always starting over. Gag.
Can't wait to see you all!

RyanandHailee said...

Ahh..... I am totally missing you too! Hang in there
Love ya

Abbie O. said...

MISS YOU TOO!! Come visit soon!! I love all the videos...Tanner makes fun because I laugh out loud the whole time:)