I'm blogging from a dinosaur of a computer tonight because our power cord to our newer laptop is toast thanks to a little man named, Taft Taylor Herway. A new cord should arrive in 7-10 business days. I tried to watch one of my shows online (we have no tv) and this computer is too old to support the science behind video streaming. I was getting annoyed, then I realized the important significance of this ancient computer. If it weren't for this computer, Seth and I might have not had the B.S.E. (best summer ever) also known as the summer we decided we wanted to date eachother forever.
It was summer 2006 in Provo. I was living in Blue Condo West and Seth was living in a house with a buncha dudes a block away. It was one afternoon when we decided to watch The Notebook on this very laptop. By the way, Seth really loves this movie. When the movie was over, Seth pulled out a calendar and started planning our summer full of exciting trips and adventures. We started the summer off right by going to Seattle for Seth's BFFs wedding over Memorial Day. We did the Wasatch Back Relay together. We went to St. George for the Utah Summer Games and Seth did a triathalon there.We went to San Diego with Seth's family. We went to San Francisco for Seth's Ironman race (where we first discussed the wonderful idea of getting married). We had a lot of fun dates in between the trips too. Seth and I both agree that taking those vacations together were pivotal in our relationship. Around the time of the Seattle trip I was unfortunately still in communication with an old flame. During one conversation he asked, "How come you do so many fun things with this guy?" And I'm pretty sure I said something like, "Duh. Because he's awesome and he plans fun things." Seth still is awesome and still plans fun things. I think our life would be really boring if I were in charge of the fun department. Fortunately for me, Seth comes from a long line of do-ers and see-ers, so we also do and see stuff. In about a month we're heading to Seattle and Vancouver for a week. I'm really excited.
Anyway, sorry for the trip down memory lane. This computer, old and slow as it is, obviously has some sentimental and nostalgic value so I guess I won't throw it out the window.
8.18.2010
Seth and Heidi Sitting in a Tree
Posted by Heidi at 9:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
I love walks down memory lane:)I think you and Seth had one of the best courtships ever.
I'm about 2 blocks over from the house we all stayed in that summer on Coronado. Mom & I played tennis this morning on the courts we played on and it made us think of you guys. I'm glad Seth is awesome & plans of fun things because I love having you as a sister-in-law!
Congrats on another little boy Heidi! Maybe both of my girls could marry your boys! That's so exciting! Congratulations!
Ahhh, love the story! Thanks for sharing. And glad you decided on the right guy.....
This made me happy inside...and also a bit depressed. But props to you guys! haha
ps.. be careful with your acronym...love ya
I am a little bummed that Hebgen Lake didn't make the list. I think that is where you guys first said the "L" word. (Maybe I too loved your courtship.) Anyway. Fun post.
That is a great summer! And good for you for always being up for more seeing and doing. Not everyone can keep up with the Herways. :)
Post a Comment