6.16.2010

Spokane Spokane

We made it to Spokane. We got here Friday and unpacked most of our things. Mid-unpacking we realized we didn't have the single most important item essential to our happiness. Bumski's crib parts. Oh we had the crib alright. Just not the screws to put the thing together. Bumski slept (kinda) three nights straight just on a mattress until we got the screws shipped to us from Sandy, where we left them.

Did you know the sun rises at 4:00 a.m. here? It's cruel. Especially because that's when our darling child thinks it's time to get up.

Other than those two complaints, things are going pretty well. I found the Target today so that's cool. It was 50 degrees and raining today and that's not cool. But I hear the weather in Utah isn't all that great either.

We went to church on Sunday and people were super nice. There are a bunch of little kids and a playgroup that meets every week so maybe Bumski and I will make some friends.

Seth gets free food practically everyday and since we're so close to the hospital he comes home and shares with me. Free food rocks.

We have high hopes for this week to be nice so we can get out and enjoy our new town. I think we're going to like it here. Although Seth did describe the people as "Seattle Chic meets White Trash" then someone we were talking to today added "Slash Nirvana Grunge Scene". Spokane = Seattle Chic/White Trash/Nirvana Grunge.

While we've been unpacking and getting settled Taft's been honing in his dance skills. Looks like he takes after his dad.



p.s. Seattle Chic = High class outdoorsy. People wearing Patagonia and North face jacket vests, Chacos or Dansko clogs, drive Subarus, and drink Starbucks coffee.

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

I love the Spokane update.

Seattle Chic meets White Trash is very descriptive. I love it.

Getting free food from the hospital is a great bonus.

Seeing the video put the biggest smile on my face:) It helps to see him even if it's just on a video. I love it when he "shakes it". I can't wait to see him again!!

Herways Go West said...

It's true...he takes after his dad and loves to move! I'm with Kathleen....put a smile on my face.
Now span your apartment with your video. Looks cute!

Herways Go West said...

Oh, and I also liked the Spokane update. Sounds like a fun place to get to know for a year.

Ang said...

Taft looks so blonde! So cute! Congratulations on the baby announcement! I want to hear how you've been feeling and how all the trips went. We wish we still had you guys to hang out with!

La said...

That Taft boy is a cute kid. I love the shake. The Spokane description made me laugh. Cause it's true.