6.17.2010

Go Figure

My babies, both in-utero and out, seem to really love white trash food. When I was pregnant I CRAVED Doritos. Salsa Verde Doritos to be exact. I ate a lot of them. I also craved Taco Bell. I would get a bean and cheese burrito and, don't hate me, nachos. I know, it's disgusting. However, I will have you know that Taft did not have to see a doctor for being sick his entire first year of life. No cough, ear infections, high fevers, nothing. You bet I attribute that to the nutritionally packed Doritos I consumed during pregnancy.

This round of pregnancy I'm craving potato salad like no other. I'm also really in to potato chips. Especially Maui Onion. And I cannot for the life of me eat raw vegetables. I can kind of choke down cooked ones, but even that's a little hard. I think this is one of the reasons pregnant people are supposed to take prenatal vitamins. (and I am, fyi.)

5 comments:

La said...

You should write a book. Maybe you could call it: "The WT's Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy".

natalie said...

haha. Maybe you need to make some of those recipes for little kids with pureed veggies mixed in! :)
I've made some... mostly for Noel... :) and it worked!

Unknown said...

hahaha! You are soo funny!! and so lucky :: you looked wonderful your whole pregnancy and you ate that!!

Herways Go West said...

Ok, I love the title. Was that a pun?? Very clever.
And i agree with Julia, you look great the entire pregnancy....so live it up and enjoy. Your kids love the great food!

Pew Family said...

I'm so excited for you guys Heidi! Baby #2 how exciting! Babies in the womb love junk food I think, I was the same way and Kennedy is healthy as a horse! I say enjoy it!! I want to come out and visit you out there. Me and some of the girls have been talking about it. It may take us 6 months to plan it but we'll get out there. Taft is adorable and so are you! Miss ya!