Spokane Tidbit: Father's Day was started here 100 years ago. (At least that's what I heard on the radio.)
We started off Father's Day with Seth sleeping in (he is usually the one to get up with Taft) and then having P-Pans for breakfast, his favorite. P-Pans are "Power Pancakes" from the Eating for Life cookbook. They are healthy if you have the recommended serving, but Seth usually eats the entire batch. They are really good though.
When we got back from church Seth had some mystery flowers waiting for him. Attached to them was a note that said "Happy Father's Day To: Seth From: Taft". Obviously Taft did not do this himself and I did not do it. Other than our landlord so far we only know 2 people in our entire building, a young college guy who smokes weed from time to time, and a old guy who has long hair with a dog named Joe. The old guy gave me some grocery coupons the other day, so I'm figuring it was him. (This may or may not have been a reason for going private)
We finished Father's Day calling our Dads, having a yummy salmon dinner, followed by home made ice cream cake, then a family walk.
6.27.2010
Father's Day
The cake that I was quite proud of. Can you tell it's a tie. I figured a tie is like the international symbol for Father's Day.
Posted by Heidi at 8:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
The 'tie' cake is quite creative. And Taft really does have quite a handsome father....and by the way, getting quite handsome himself. They mystery flowers....wow. Somebody, but who???
Uh. . . so far Spokane is sounding pretty creepy. That cake does look good. So that's good. Was it hard to make?
love the cute cake :)
Very clever cake! I love it.
Great photo of Seth and his mystery flowers:)
Happy Father's Day to Seth! I'm mighty proud of your cake too. Is it hard to make a homemade ice cream cake?
What the random flowers?! So funny.
uh question, is the cake serious? question can you overnite buhski here? those videos made me miss him even more! he is so adorable..ah!!!!
That is so creepy about the flowers!! What in the world?
Post a Comment