7.04.2009

TMI...

WARNING: You may not want to read this post due to TMI content. I debated posting it, but apparently I like humiliating myself and sharing all my disgusting/dark secrets (aka Barf in the Car story) with the blogiverse. Read at your own risk.
__________________________________________________________


Seth got out the running stroller the other night and unfortunately Taft fits in it. Now I have no excuses not to exercise, crap. So...last night I decided to go for a jog with Taftman. I was about to leave, had Taft in my arms, shoes on, stroller in my other arm ready to carry when I felt the urge to go to the bathroom. You know how hard it is to get everything ready to leave and I just didn't want to put down Taft and the stroller and thought I'd be fine.

WRONG.

About three blocks away from my house I felt a little leakin. I felt like I was too far away to turn around and I'd be fine if I kept running.


WRONG. AGAIN.



I FREAKING peed my pants! Yep. You know that thing that you're trying to get your three year old to stop doing? Yeah, that. I did it. Outside. Downtown.With people around.

Sure didn't help that I live downtown, that it's summer, was a really nice night out, so everyone AND their dog was out (literally). Didn't help that I chose to run down a street with no public restrooms. Didn't help either that I had to run past a huge group of hipster young people having a dance/concert in their front yard. Didn't help that by the time it was really noticeable I had just made it to Liberty Park where it seemed like EVERYONE decided to have a BBQ/Picnic at the park.
My only saving grace was I was pushing a stroller so it sorta hid the physical evidence and that I was wearing that material that dries quickly. Sick.


Worst thing about pregnancy: puking en route to work via car.
Worst thing about post-pregnancy: lack of bladder control and being an idiot.

8 comments:

Jame said...

HAHAHA!!! That is the best story ever!! I love ya Heid!! You are the best!! I love that you peed your pants and I love even more that you have no shame in letting everyone know!!! :)

Megan said...

This story is the perfect example of why I read your blog regularly! :)

Unknown said...

oh you poor thing!!! Happens to the best of us though :: I just don't have the guts to post it ;)

natalie said...

Oh wow!!!! That is a great story! You are brave. If something like that happened to me, I wouldn't tell anyone much less post it on my blog. I think you have a high tolerance for embarrassment. :)

Anonymous said...

HAHA! That's both hilarious and sad at the same time, you poor thing! Don't feel bad though, I think more women have bladder issues after birth than we realize :) Hope your next run goes better! Thanks for sharing!

-Rache

Pew Family said...

Your so Hilarious! I laugh everytime I read your blog! Your such a trooper Heidi!

Melanie Herway said...

I had the same thing happen to me walking home from the grocery store after I had Rachel. There weren't many people that saw, but I know how you feel.

Staci Davies said...

You are so entertaining! You know you are not the only one with that happening