If you think barfing stories are funny, read on. If not, then you should probably move on with your blog stalk.
I'm on my way to work today and exactly 1 1/4 miles away from my exit when, uh oh, I don't feel so good. My mouth started filling with saliva and I kept thinking, breathe, breathe, you'll make it to the exit. I made it to the exit, but didn't quite make it out of the car, or even close to out of the car.
I put my hand over my mouth, which now I realize was stupid because one hand can't catch much of anything when it's in a bodily fluid form. I was wearing sunglasses and somehow, I had my hand at the exact right angle to target the stuff right up into the spot between your face and the sunglasses. Yep, all over my face. ALL. OVER. In my eyes and everything. If that is not disgusting enough, it kept coming and got all over my pants, the steering wheel, the carpet, the stick shift, and even some splatters on the windshield and side window.
I was in complete shock. When I realized what had happened I panicked because in less than one hour I had a VERY important meeting, with VERY important people, which I had requested and planned and was supposed to facilitate and now I was completely covered in my breakfast and maybe some of dinner from the night before. Don't know, I couldn't really tell.
I started to head home to change and I was freaking out because I knew I didn't have time to change, clean the car, and get to my meeting in time. My mom came to the rescue and met me at home while I changed and she took me back to work. Yes, the car had to sit for several hours in this condition. I HAD NO CHOICE! And I did make it back in time for my meeting.
I was so mad because I actually got ready today and was wearing brand new maternity jeans that actually didn't look ridiculous on me. The jeans are now soaking in my tub while I am at work. Sick, I don't want to face it when I get home.
There is a silver lining to this story though. This afternoon I was able to take my car into Supersonic to get it shampooed and everything. Which by the way, super embarassing when you're like, "Um, can you clean these seats really well because someone puked on them." I didn't really feel bad for the guy when I got the bill though. Sheesh. (Praying Seth doesn't ask how much it cost) We had an accident with some jam about a year ago (I know, what's wrong with us??) but it got all hard and crusty and I could never get it out. A big thanks to Supersonic, who I really consider Super, got it out. AND they got out all of the grease marks from everytime Seth has put his bike in the back seat. Our car looks like NEW on the inside. Still can't say much for the outside though. Man, that car has issues. Or more like, WE have issues.
The only comparable vomit story I have for this is what my family affectionately calls, The Barf Slide. The title might be self explanatory, but I'll give a short explanation as this is a very long post. Taylor was sick one night and got up to go to the bathroom, she was about to enter the hall when she lost it. It kept coming so she had to get to the bathroom, she stepped into the hall which is hardwood and BAM! slipped and landed right in her own barf. The BAM! and the cry that came out of her after woke up everyone in the house.
Hopefully those who kept reading this far have a strong gag reflex and were able to finish! Sorry!
10.29.2008
This May Not Be For You
Posted by Heidi at 2:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



16 comments:
I read the entire message. Quite the story. I feel bad for you! Glad your car got cleaned by somebody else!
oh you poor thing...that is hilarious and yet sucks so bad all at the same time!!! I hate that saliva feeling!!!
That is SUCH a funny story! Well, probably not funny at the time. I was laughing so hard that Jared had to remind me to breathe.
Oh, man! That really sucks. I thought that you were feeling better!
Oh my heavens, how awful! I'm sorry! That's nice that your mom came to help you though. What would we do without our moms? I hope you're feeling better!
I couldn't finish reading. You got me on the barf on your sunglasses....
Wow. Your barf story takes the cake! And I thought mine were bad. I learned never to go anywhere without a plastic sack in my purse. Hang in there!
I'm so sorry Heidi! I feel so sad that happened to you. But your so funny the way you tell it! I'm glad it was a happy ending though.
Ohh man! That blows! Literally! I thought you were passed the barf stage?! Well, at least it makes for a good story! Thanks for lunch last week, it was a blast!
THAT SUCKS!!! Really I have never heard a worse barf story in my life!
I am so sorry...have had a similar experience of covering Todd's car in puke...no fun! Hope you are feeling better!
That is terrible....You are lucky you didn't crash your car with that experience....I would be crazy. Hope you are soon over the vomits and can just enjoy little baby boy growing! Take care and keep a great big zip lock plastic bag in your car...I drove a young woman two hours in the middle of the night holding and filling several gallon zip lock bags during the drive.....still love the girl! Be safe!
Heid. My heck! That is bad....I thought you were through with the puking. I'm sorry, that is really the worst. I did laugh reading all that, thanks for sharing your disgusting stories
That is the most disgusting true story I have ever heard. It is amazing that you still made it to your meeting on time!
HAHA!!! I'm so sorry you puked all over yourself, but so happy that you shared! So funny!
Oh my gosh that is so sad! You poor thing. If it makes you feel any better I slipped and fell in someone elses barf at the mall. It was so gross. I was like 11. I had to throw away all my clothes and wear my moms trench coat, while naked underneath. The sad thing was, my parents kept shopping for a bit. So gross. It makes me dry heave just thinking about it! At least it was your own puke. HA! Hey im going private so I need your email!
Post a Comment