10.06.2008

A Hike and Some Good News


A couple of weekends ago Seth and I ventured down to St. George and Zion. Zion is so beautiful and so seriously filled with Europeans. I swear the entire time we were there I rarely heard English. There were also a lot of Japanese tourists and Seth always laughs when he sees them. We were only down there for two days, but the first day we hiked the Narrows. Neither of us had done it before and it was really fun! I highly recommend doing it.


The next day I layed at the pool while Seth watched the BYU game. I came totally unprepared though, forgetting sunglasses, tanning lotion, and something to read! I didn't last very long and didn't get an speck more tan. Oh well.

Sidenote: It's kind of annoying going on trips as a couple when you are trying to take pictures. A) you have to switch off being in the picture and B) it's super awkward standing by yourself in a pic. I wonder how much it would cost to hire a professional photog to come on every vacay?

Sidenote #2: How creepy is that baby counter in the corner? It's starting to freak me out. I need to change it to something cutsier. Oh and it does not help one bit that the countdown is still in the hundreds.

AWESOME ALERT:

I haven't had a prego-puke in over a week! I threw up last week because of the flu, but still! I think I'm over the barfy bump. Hooray!

4 comments:

natalie said...

Wow that picture is really cool. (Even if it is Seth by himself.) I agree its really annoying being in and then looking at pics of yourself. Then you finally decide okay lets just ask someone to take a picture for us so we can have at least one of us together and then you get it back and it's all crooked and crappy.
Hurray for the end of morning sickness! I can NOT WAIT to find out the gender.

Herways Go West said...

I want to hike the narrows! It looks awesome. I can imagine you heard a lot of other languages, b/c it's cheap to holiday in the US! Their yen and euros buy 100x in our economy what our weak dollar will buy in their economy.
Amen to the photography problem. I have about come to the conclusion that 'postcard' shots will have to do. But I hire out as a photographer in case you decide to go that route!
Hope you keep feeling better. And I like the little picture...

Melanie Herway said...

I am so glad you are feeling better, and that you got to go enjoy zions. I love Zions. See you tonight! I'm so excited.

Anonymous said...

Heidi, thanks so much for coming to the shower. It was great to have you all there and visit. I love and admire the Bluths/Wheatleys! Our family is lucky to have a relationship with all of you. Love you blog and read every post. You have a great sense of humor and sense of THINGS! Your trip sounds great. Glad you had fun. Thanks again!