So, I've had a lot of jobs.
1. Midvale Elementary-afterschool sweeper. Sweeper is a nice way of saying cleaning urinals and vacuuming and other janitorial things.
2. Oakdale Elementary-afterschool sweeper. Loves those urinals. When do boys learn to aim?
3. The Trolley Stop-a snack shack at VF Factory stores. Lots of free nachos and ice cream for me. (although I don't think it was supposed to be free, oh well.)
4. Limited Too-little girls/tween clothing. I was holiday help. So boring. But better than my friend who worked a Hickory Farms selling logs of meat and cheese.
5. Some guy in my ward. Filed for his financial planning office. Much more boring than Limited Too. A lady named Myrna did not seem impressed by me. Prolly because I called in sick every other day. Who cared? The papers would still be there to file the next day. And the next, and the next, and the next.
6. Macaroni Grill-foodrunnner. Name should be self-explanatory. I ran food. Took food to tables. Once dumped a plate of ravioli on a guys lap. Whoops.
7. Sweet Tomatoes-greeter. I said this 70 times a day, "Hi. Welcome to Sweet Tomatoes. Is this your first time here? Well let me tell you how it works. Get a tray, get your food. Have a nice day." So much more boring than filing. I would honestly wish I would get in a car accident on my way to work so I wouldn't have to work. I think the world would survive without greeters. Oh! And I had to wear a bow-tie. There is just something REALLY humiliating about wearing a bow-tie.
8. JP Morgan Confections. A little cart kiosk at Cottonwood Mall that sold flavored popcorn and truffles during the holidays. One night I really wanted to go to a party so my mom came and worked for me! LOL.
9. Joe Morley's BBQ. I actually really loved this job. A hole in the wall BBQ restaurant in Midvale. I still crave it sometimes.
10. A survey company in Logan. Can't remember the name. Did Gallup polls over the phone. Semi-boring except when talking with evangelicals from the South.
11. Temp receptionist for Reagan Outdoor Advertising. I had literally no responsibilities except the answer the phone than rang maybe 10 times a day. Max.
12. C.R. England Trucking. Truck driver recruiter. Enough said.
13. Back to Joe Morley's-combo with C.R. England. I was a working woman.
14. MyFamily.com-tried to talk people into their membership that they were totally conned into. I was not so good at this job, I agreed, we totally should've given them their money back.
15. Goodwood BBQ. My longest job EVER. Nearly 2 1/2 years. And yes, back with the BBQ.
16. Certiport-receptionist. Phone rang even less than at Reagan.
17. Division of Child and Family Services. Working with the best of the worst in West Valley, K-Town, and T-ville. Word.
I forgot to mention a stint of temp work for 3 days which were quite possibly the most miserable three days of my life. Again it involved a bow-tie. Desperate "tie"ms call for desperate measures I guess. I was working with a whole lotta people who quite possible were on crack and/or homeless, but nevertheless served food to nearly 6,000+ Asian people at a NuSkin convention at the Salt Palace.
While this may be very impressive to all of you, I do not list all these jobs on my resume. I don't think a sweeper is very impressive, nor is it to have 16 jobs following. And no, I was never fired.




7 comments:
I have to say this is impressive, simply to remember all your jobs! Just to stay sane, I think I would have forgotten a few of them. Love that your mom filled in for you so you could go to a party. She just moved up in the 'best mom' field.
Want to hear something sad? I was only interviewed and hired for one job in my entire life! The rest were family funded, and the interviews nonexistent, or I was self-employed. I think I missed out...or maybe not!
Wow! That is quite the list! Gotta love those jobs before education!
Wow I'm impressed that you had so many jobs and were never fired! My favorite is that your mom worked at the kiosk for you...what a trooper!
Heidi!! You have to stop being so funny! It gets me in trouble at work. For some reason people are suspicious when I'm laughing at the weather...
That made me laugh out loud. Daphne came running into to see what was so funny. Work it, girl!
p.s. fun hanging out on Friday. I hope you look hot in your new wardrobe. :)
Wow, I honestly can't believe you had that many jobs! I too worked for myfamily.com. I hated it. I felt so bad for "saving" a customer when all they really wanted to do was quit. I knew how they felt. I got some pretty mean people sometimes too. The worst part about the job was when you're not on the phone for more than 15 seconds, the supervisor has to come check on you! Give me a break
haha. That was great. Why did you even apply to half of those jobs? Like everyone said.. you have a really awesome mom that would work a shift for you just so you could go to a party!
Post a Comment