That the Dow dropping more than 700 points is pretty bad. I know nothing about stocks except that when that number they show on the news every morning drops, it means bad news. Dropping more than 700 points - disastrous. I think when this happened right before the great depression, stock guys were jumping out of the windows on Wall Street. Not good.
As it seems we might be facing the Great Depression Part Deux, I've been thinking of some positive things about that time period.
1. Wild Heart Can't Be Broken. Remember this movie? The girl that dives horses? If we run out of jobs, maybe we can start up a horse diving business and people can pay a dime to see the show. True a dime won't even buy you a tootsie roll these days (they're 15 cents) but maybe we could put our dimes together and buy a diet pepsi and share it. Carbonation fills you up and makes you think you aren't hungry. Too bad we'd have to get about 10 dimes to buy a sodie from the Mav.
2. Going without nylons. Great! I hate them anyway!
3. Great style in clothing. People were classy. Guys wore hats and girls wore skirts. I love skirts.
4. We can all learn lots of ways to cook potatoes, since that's all we'll be able to afford to eat.
5. We all might get to fit into our skinny jeans because the price of sugar will be so high.
6. I realize now that I don't know much about this time period, but it might not be so bad. Our grandparents survived it.
Happy Recession everybody.
As it seems we might be facing the Great Depression Part Deux, I've been thinking of some positive things about that time period.
1. Wild Heart Can't Be Broken. Remember this movie? The girl that dives horses? If we run out of jobs, maybe we can start up a horse diving business and people can pay a dime to see the show. True a dime won't even buy you a tootsie roll these days (they're 15 cents) but maybe we could put our dimes together and buy a diet pepsi and share it. Carbonation fills you up and makes you think you aren't hungry. Too bad we'd have to get about 10 dimes to buy a sodie from the Mav.
2. Going without nylons. Great! I hate them anyway!
3. Great style in clothing. People were classy. Guys wore hats and girls wore skirts. I love skirts.
4. We can all learn lots of ways to cook potatoes, since that's all we'll be able to afford to eat.
5. We all might get to fit into our skinny jeans because the price of sugar will be so high.
6. I realize now that I don't know much about this time period, but it might not be so bad. Our grandparents survived it.
Happy Recession everybody.



7 comments:
I'd be down for the whole skinny jean thing! Maybe this will be a great after-baby diet.
Thanks for coming to the blessing this last weekend. I'm sorry I didn't have much time to talk, I was so distracted. We appreciate you guys being there though. I'm glad you're feeling better. Hopefully I will see you again soon!
So you ARE feeling better? Colie owns the movie 'wild horses can't be broken' she loves it so much.
Could you guarantee that this would be a recession of only sugar getting to be high priced???
Love that movie! I also think that a flapper dress would actually look good on me right now.
haha. Happy recession to you too.
Hahaha, weird I was just thinking about that horse movie yesterday for some reason. I really like your post, way to have a good attitude! I don't think it will be so bad after all.
Wild Hearts Can't be Broken was like my favorite movie growing up...I could probably still quote the whole movie to you.
It really will be interesting to see how bad this economy gets.
Grapes of wrath was written about the depression, and I thought that was a pretty good book. Maybe at least we'll get some good literature from this whole mess....
Post a Comment