9.03.2008

Pregnancy is fun...oh wait, not really.

Pregnancy is mean. At least this first part is. So, vegetables sound TOTALLY disgusting right now, especially raw ones. This has been causing Seth a lot of anxiety because he's really worried our baby is not getting enough vitamin ADEK, C, B series, Omega-3, folic acid, etc. But last night I thought Olive Garden minestrone and salad sounded delish. I was really proud of myself because I'd be eating salad all the veggies in the soup. We went, I ate. Seth got a pasta dish with shrimp which made me a little queasy but I didn't tell him because he really wanted shrimp. We ate our dinner, had nice conversation about what we would do if our hypothetical teenage daughter got knocked up, and tried to ignore our pushy waiter who kept bugging us every 3 minutes. No! I'm not done with my soup, go away! Then we left and since it was such a nice day thought we would walk around, but then I was too cold so we just walked to the car. Got in the car, Seth started to pull away from the curb.

Me: "Oh wait, stop, stop, stop."

Open car door, lean out the side. Bye bye nutritious veggies from Olive Garden and the rest of the food I ate today. Sure glad we spent $30 on puke.

Pregnancy is just mean.

14 comments:

Herways Go West said...

You could earn money on your commentaries of life...that can be your new part-time job. I mean it's sad you had to spend $30 on your puke, but the way the story was told I would pay $30!

Melanie Herway said...

I laugh only because I have a story all too similar. I really am sorry too though. Last time I went through morning sickness I thought to myself, "Wait, why did I want to do this again?" It's awful!! Don't worry too much about those veggies, the babies somehow get what they need, and you'll get plenty when your appetite comes back full force, and then some.

Kathleen said...

That was laught out loud funny. You had even already told me the story, but the way you wrote about it was soooo funny. I agree with Anita, forget the State job and write a column! Move over Ann Cannon and make room for Heidi Herway.

Nanette said...

Sounds like a blast. Sure is inspirational!

Tyler and Emily said...

Oh the joys of pregnancy! I'm so sorry...so so sorry. I'm not even ready to laugh about these stories yet, still to fresh in my mind!

La said...

I have so been there. I agree. Pregnancy is mean. See you at dinner tonight. . .
:)

Unknown said...

oh you poor poor thing!! I am actually getting some third trimester nausea and I really think that we should start charging these kids for what they do to us ;)

natalie said...

Oh when I read the title I had to laugh because I couldn't agree more. I hate being pregnant.
It's not fair that it is so horrible.

Don't worry too much about all the vitamins. Most of us all have morning sickness and throw up our veggies and the babies still get what they need. Whatever they need they will take from you. That is probably why pregnancy is so exhausting. There's nothing left for you. :/
Can you tell I have less than 3 weeks left? I'm so tired of being pregnant!!!!!!

Studio 7 Interior Design, Kristen Rockwood said...

Heidi, you're hilarious! I love reading your posts, always, so entertaining. :) But, thanks for the sweet comment! Yeah, its been a lil bump in the road, but everything is good now, and we can re-start trying for babies! :) Wish us luck, lol!

Anonymous said...

Poor Heidi. Pregnancy is ROUGH! It makes me wonder why women have more than one kid. Believe it or not though, once the memory fades a bit you will feel like it was all worth it. Hang in there!

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

Oh I'm so sorry, I wish I could tell you that it get's better. Maybe the throwing up will end but then comes the heart burn and the waddle! Good luck though I promise it's worth it!

Anonymous said...

HAHA! Oh its not funny, but it is. Pregnancy is so cruel sometimes! Watch out for those Migranes too!

Staci Davies said...

Oh man! I hope it ends soon for you. It should not have to be that way! Unfair, but worth it. Hey did you get my e-mail about the painting?

Amy Eagleston said...

I am with you...pregnancy is no fun. This is a great story!