12.27.2008

Galavanting in Germany



We spent yesterday at Bernkastle-Kreuz and Trier. In Trier I got to experience the Herway-famous Spagetti Ice Cream. Bernkastle was a beautiful town along the Mossel River. I could have taken more pictures, but it wouldn't have done the town justice. Trier was pretty too, but we mostly went there for the ice cream. Seth and his brothers were introduced to it by their sports coach from high school and we happened to run into the coach at the ice cream place. It should be noted that Trier is at least two hours from Brussels, so it was quite a coincidence.







Today we went bowling on the base before leaving back to Belgium. I bowled my highest game ever, 133. Ye-ah. I beat Seth the first game, which I really enjoyed because I hardly beat him at anything except Table Tennis and Sudoku. Rachel seemed to have a blast bowling in the beginning but slowly started to lose interest toward the end, hence the picture.




This little cutie-patootie is Seth's brother, Jake and his wife's little boy, Tommy. Rachel is theirs too. Isn't he the cutest thing? He's so so smiley and content practically all of the time. They live in North Carolina so it's been a lot of fun to get to spend time with them.

2 comments:

Herways Go West said...

It is a blast to be together. We have sun but it is way too cold! I think that's why we loved the bowling so much...and it didn't hurt for you to make so many strikes. You were incredible!

La said...

I have spent many wintery days at the base bowling. Zane was bowler before he was one! Your guys trip is bring back lots of memories. I wish we were there with you.... (kinda of except the long flight with four little kids part)