12.28.2008

2008 Sure Was Great

I tend to be a little cynical in my posts and may make it sound like I can't do anything except complain. I actually think I have a great life and am constantly wondering why I have been so lucky to have so many blessings and to have such a cushy life. Since it's the end of the year, I thought I'd think back and remember some of the things I am grateful for from 2008.

1. I made it through my first year as real, working, grown-up. I am grateful to have a job even if it's hard.
2. I am grateful for great health for both Seth and myself. Seth actually works on having good health, I'm just lucky to have been healthy. I think we're both extremely grateful that I have had a healthy pregnancy thus far.
3. I am grateful to be pregnant. As much as I have complained and wished this baby would just hurry up and get here, I've realized that I am pretty sure this baby is going to be worth all the inconveniences the pregnancy has brought me.
4. I am grateful to have a home and the added bonus of a home warranty which gifted us a new oven, dishwasher, and refrigerator all this year.
5. I am grateful for my extended family. I learned this year that being a grown-up means beginning to deal with grown-up problems. My family seems to have faced a lot of grown-up problems this year. Maybe it's been like this before, but now that I'm a grown-up too, I seem to be clued in to more of the problems. Nevertheless, I am grateful that those grown-ups that are going through these stinky times and for their example and for those that love them and surround them with support.
6. My job makes me grateful on nearly a daily basis for the childhood I had and the loving parents who raised me. I am grateful for a job that keeps my priorities in check and helps me remember what is most important in life.
7. I am very, very grateful for my marriage. I definitely didn't do anything special to deserve it and I know that not everyone gets as lucky as me.

2 comments:

Pew Family said...

It looks like you are having such a fun time! Having relatives out of the country is both a plus and a negative I think! The kids in Seth's family are so dang cute!

Herways Go West said...

Heidi, thanks for sharing your thoughts. We should all contemplate on our blessings more often.