12.25.2008

A Christmas Miracle

My suitcase arrived Christmas Eve around 7:30. Santa didn't bring it, but still, it's a Christmas miracle.


On another note, it's 6:45 a.m. and I've been up since 3:00 a.m. when I had to go potty. I haven't been able to fall asleep since and I've tried a lot of things. I've been trying to watch Grey's or The Office online but it won't let me because I'm in Germany. No fair for Germans. I did sneak in two epidsodes of The Hills which was a complete waste of time, but there's not a lot to do at 4:30 a.m. Seth was up with me for about 2 of the 4 hours I've been awake. Everyone else is still sleeping. My computer says it's 10:47 p.m. which I'm guessing is what time it is in Utah.

We had a great Christmas this morning, well I guess yesterday morning. It was fun to have little kids around to open presents, it's makes the day so much more magical. The baby even got quite a few gifts this morning, which I got to open. We got to talk to Seth's sister, Nicole, who is serving a mission in Paris. She's probably the most positive, energetic, enthusiastic, hard working, missionary there is. She LOVES LOVES LOVES being a missionary. She's just a fun girl all around and it's been weird being in Belgium without her. After talking with her, we loaded up the cars and headed to Germany. We're staying on an Air Force base and visiting a couple of towns while we're here. We're staying in apartments on the base and they are actually really nice and it's been getting Seth thinking about going through the military to pay his last year of school. NO. THANKS. I'm all about living in another country and there's nothing wrong with military families, I just don't want my husband and soon to be father of my child to be deployed to Iraq just to save some medical school debt. NO. THANKS. Plus side of a military base though, Diet Pepsi. American Diet Pepsi. They only had Diet Coke out of the fountain so I got one of those tonight and bought a bottle of Diet Pepsi for tomorrow. Simple pleasures. American sodas are a big deal because the European Coke Light is not good. Neither is Mexican Coke Light. Can you tell I'm bored. I've been rambling on about the difference between EU coke and US coke. Have you fallen asleep? I wish I did.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

I'm glad that you are keeping up with blogging. Your blogs are always entertaining. I'm sorry you had a hard time sleeping. Bummer. I'm glad that you had a nice Christmas though.
We went to Heber and were in a snowstorm getting there. It was pretty sketchy. Luckily, we took the Provo way home and it was much better.
We got about a foot of snow at our house!!!! Winterwonderland! It almost is like being snowed in.
We miss you two!

Herways Go West said...

Pepsi vs. Iraq. I see what you mean.

La said...

I feel you in the Diet Pepsi area. And actually the military area too. Hurray for living over seas boo for being deployed to a war zone.