12.08.2008

Another year older, but probably not much wiser...

I am officially a quarter of a century old. It happened on Friday. The day was pretty good and started out with my fave Einstein’s bagel for breakfast with Seth. Then he and I picked up a bunk bed from a donor to give to one of my clients. Seth broke part of it while loading into the truck. He felt way bad. Then we did some errands together and I later met up with a SIL for some lunch. She is going to die when she reads this because she didn’t know it was my birthday. LOL. My SIL will remain nameless. I thought it was pretty funny. I was going to mention it during lunch, but then I thought it might seem like I wanted her to pay for my lunch. When I got home from lunch, Seth had a treasure hunt for my present. I asked for money to finally finish a project in my condo that I’ve been wanting to do forever! Instead of just forking over the dough, Seth left creative clues throughout our place and had money at each site. It was fun! On the last note he said I could spend the money on whatever I wanted “EXCEPT CANDY!!” He also gave me a pair of boots that I picked out for him to give me. J We finished the night by delivering the bunk bed to 4 very excited kids and tried putting it together. We were unsuccessful and definitely let the kids down. We headed over to meet my cousin Amy and sister Lanx for dinner. It was delish and the company was even better. Amy gave me a card with money in it and said I could ONLY spend it on candy. I love her. Sunday the festivities continued with a birthday dinner made by my mom and the most delicious cupcakes ever. I had two last night and just ate another one just now. Even though I am depressed that I am another year older and closer to wrinkles and dentures, I felt very loved on my birthday weekend. Thanks everyone who sent texts, phone calls, and cards to make me feel special! (Except for you, nameless sister-in-law. JUST KIDDING!!) Oh AND I have really great co-workers. Thursday (since we don’t work Friday) I came into work with a fully decorated office, balloons, streamers, the works. I had a 12-pack of Diet Pepsi waiting for me and what else but candy! My friends know me too well. I got super cute gifts and even Baby got a cute fisherman’s sweater from my friend Abbie! It is so, so cute. Oh and Saturday morning I went back to my clients and was able to set up the bunk bed so you don’t have to feel bad for them. I now have 4 kid clients who think I’m the bomb dot com. Kids are so easy to please.

11 comments:

Reimstar said...

Oh Heidi, I love it! I've been out of town for the last 2 weeks, but I will assure you that on December 5 I was thinking of you! Glad you had a good one!

Justin Mandy and Girls said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

The Browns said...

A. Happy birthday
B. You are the cutest pregnant women that i know. I kind of hate you a little bit. Haha, actually just jelous
C. Can we try to get together with jessie and amy because i missed the last one?
D. Happy 2 years to the both of you. i could not have chosen a better couple!! (Yes i am totally taking credit)

La said...

Oh wow... I feel sorry for that nameless sister-in-law. I mean what a LOSER. I am so glad that I am not her.

(But seriously what kind of person invites another person to lunch on Friday and forgets to mention that Friday is her birthday? Then sits and talks for hours and never mentions it? But then again, what kind of super rude, horribly rotten sister in law doesn't even know her super-cute, way skinny, smart, and very funny SIL's birthday? I mean if I were that rude sister-in-law I would be sending you like a really nice email and gift card. And begging your forgiveness.)

Herways Go West said...

You have so many SIL that you would go to lunch with that I really wonder who it was???? ( Don't feel bad Lara, I called my sister on her birthday one year and we had a great conversation....and she thought I had called to wish her a happy birthday, but I hadn't. I had forgotten my only sister's birthday!) Heidi, glad you had a great day. You are definitely loved!

Pew Family said...

Happy Birthday Heidi! I'm seriously such a slacker! I'm like a chicken running around with no head! I hope you had a great day!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a nice birthday! Sounds like you had a great time. Congrats on being a quarter of a century. I'm about to feel the same pain...*sigh*...Happy happy birthday to you!

natalie said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had a fun weekend. Did you get my card?

Unknown said...

reading your blog makes me so happy!! Your son is so lucky to have such a whitty mom :) I love the pj's and you look absolutely adorable...I would have given just about anything to look as cute as you ;) and happy happy birthday!!

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

Happy late birthday! SOunds like you had a way fun weekend...we can't wait to see you guys this weekend!

Melanie Herway said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! Sounds like it was a good one.