I've been slacking on the birthday posts. I totally skipped Seth and I'm way late on my brother's. My dear brother Pete (real name Michael) turned the big two-two on December 19th. We celebrated with Happy Sumo for dinner and it was delish.
My brother rocks and here are 22 things about him.
1. He was 9 lbs. 9 oz. when he was born. If you don't know much about how much babies usually weigh when they are born, that is HUGE.
2. The size of his head was always, and probably still is, off the percentile charts. When he was 5 his head couldn't fit into baseball caps of our 15 year old cousins.
3. He stuttered when he was little and it was really cute.
4. I used to pull his hair and make him cry and then lie about it when my mom asked why he was crying.
5. We got Super Ninetendo for Christmas when he was probably about 6. He stayed up all night the first night he got it.
6. He used to eat a million popsicles a day and then throw the sticks behind the tv.
7. I remember he HATED going to Cub Scouts, or maybe just putting on his Cub Scout shirt, but it seems like Cub Scouts was always a big ordeal.
8. He had a bowl cut from about age 5 to 12.
9. He loves to ski and is really good at it. He can do very impressive tricks, especially being how big he is.
10. He played football all through Little League and was usually the biggest kid on the line. He realized he hated it right before high school started and quit.
11. Girls called him "Mikey Big Guns" in high school.
12. He can talk his way in and out of anything and everything.
13. He always asks for the best Christmas presents and always gets them.
14. He did very little school and still made good grades. He even made Sterling Scholar for art.
15. He is a great artist.
16. He served a mission to El Salvador. I don't speak Spanish but I think his Spanish sounds awesome.
17. He's done decorative painting for two LDS temples.
18. He is very intelligent and likes to think deeply about things.
19. He just bought a puppy and she is the cutest thing in the world.
20. He has a unique sense of style and can pull of most anything.
21. He loves cheese.
22. He's a vegetarian.
A couple more that I have to mention:
-He was pulled over with several of his friends for shooting illegal fireworks out of their car. People called police thinking they were gun shots. He was charged with 3 misdemeanors: disorderly conduct, firing a weapon from a vehicle, and possession of illegal fireworks. He is a lucky ducky and only had to go to a fire safety class as punishment.
-He and a friend lit a baby pool of gasoline on fire.
-and most recently, he was handcuffed but I guess not technically arrested for long boarding in a parking garage and then running away from the cops.
Brothers are great. :)



1 comments:
Brothers are great! What would our lives be like without Pete? I'm sure a lot more boring. He definately keeps life interesting. A great post for a great brother:)
Post a Comment