3.10.2010

"You REALLY needed a haircut"

Ever since Taft was born it seems a few things have been on the back burner, namely Self-Grooming. Until yesterday, I hadn't had a haircut since like April or May, just after Taft was born. It was getting ridiculous:

Exhibit A:


I decided to go to a cosmetology school to save on cash. The girl was slightly obnoxious (no offense girl) and confirmed that I did indeed need a haircut by saying: "Your hair will feel SO much better once it's cut, I mean, like you REALLY needed a haircut."  Thanks chica. And for the record hair cutting people, when you ask "What kind of shampoo do you use?" try not to use such an accusatory tone and you really don't need to follow up with "Oh REALLY? Did you know that stuff is like way bad for your hair?" Yeah lady, I didn't really figure the shampoo that is $1.50, sometimes $0.88 on sale, was the best stuff out there. I just have better things to spend my money on that $20 shampoo bottles. Lets be honest, I don't even HAVE $20. Doesn't the fact that I've waited a YEAR for a haircut, and am now at the hair SCHOOL, indicate that high end shampoo isn't on my priority list? Just sayin'.



Well, I have a new haircut now and it's not the worst thing ever, but it does feel a little 1999 Rachel Green from Friends. Today I even painted my finger nails a lovely "sheer blush" shade and then did my toenails a "Satin Shoes". I honestly think the last time I painted my toes was the fews days before Taft was born. I wanted to have pretty toes to look at while in labor I guess.

Now that I've taken care of myself a little these past two days I feel pretty good. In fact, in the words of the great Shania Twain, "Man! I feel like a woman, hey, hey".

For the record, I don't think it's really THAT important to have painted nails, just that it feels nice, ya know?

8 comments:

Melanie Herway said...

I think it looks really great. And don't worry about the stuff that's "really bad for your hair" it's not like it's going to make all your hair fall out. It does the job.

La said...

First, I think expensive haircuts and shampoo are way over-rated. Secondly, You are way hotter than Rachel. I mean it. Third, I wish I was well groomed all the time but I rarely am. My fingernails usually look horrible. I love when they look nice though. Fourth, for the record, I think you always look great. Stylish, put together in an effortless, classically beautiful way. I mean it.

Herways Go West said...

Hairdressers! I just have to share a recent email I got from an intern (the husband) in our ward:
"I know this is an odd request but apparently for a girl this is a very particular matter, and Jess (the wife) is telling me that this is becoming urgent."
He was obviously looking for a coiffure for his wife. So cute. They are newlyweds. And poor. Where can they go? It's so expensive here...as it is there!
You look great. Did you find a nice little black dress?

Unknown said...

I love your haircut but then again I always think you are so adorable!! and really self grooming is so important :: I am so much happier when I get to do little things like that :)

Jame said...

You are so pretty!! I love your haircut! I can't believe how long your hair was before you cut it, I don't think i have ever seen it that long.? it was so fun to see you at my work yesterday!! All of my coworkers were raving about how freaking cute Taft is. I could have sat and watched him all day! He is the cutest!!! How did the dress work?

Colie said...

You've inspired me. I'm off to a hair school myself. It's $12 cut and you get $10 off the first time. While we may not spend a fortune on our hair, we can sure beat the system! Bring on the $0.88 shampoo! They're dead cells anyways for pete's sake ... not your Pete, that is - just using it as an expression!

Jen and Jared said...

Ha ha! Yeah, hairdressers can really suck sometimes. Jared makes me go with him to get his hair cut 'cause he thinks the girls assume he's going to hit on them. And your hair looks great BTW. The last time I got my hair cut was several months ago, also by a hair school person, and it sucked. Glad it worked out better for you. And FYI, Taft is so cute!!

Reimstar said...

Heidi, you're funny! You look great!