3.16.2010

Taft's REAL Birthday

Taft is officially ONE year old today. He started the day off with a yummy change of pace from his regular daily bowl of oatmeal,  and had French Toast. Then he played with friends at the Kids Club where they sang Happy Birthday to him while Mom exercised. Then Bumski and Mom went to Baby Book Time at the library and picked out some new books to take home. After the library, Mom and Bupski went to the park to play and have lunch. They had a great time but Bupski got tired and took a short nap before heading home for a real nap. When he woke up Dad came home and he got to go on a ride in the running stroller. Then everybody headed out for pizza where they met up with Grandad, Nana, Lanx, Tates, and Cousin Amy. It was back to Bupski's house for presents and cake. Bupski got lots of great gifts but maybe the best of all was a newer, cleaner, bigger version of Monkeyfriend. Bupski thanks everyone for the birthday wishes and gifts. He has learned to give kisses so consider yourself virtual kissed by the Bupski.











9 comments:

natalie said...

Happy Birthday Taft!
Are you liking your new monkey friend?

La said...

:) Cute. I love him sleeping in his stroller. Birthdays can be exhausting.

Melanie Herway said...

That picture of him and his cake...PRICELESS!

Herways Go West said...

I'm with Mel on the cake picture. I actually laughed out loud. It's like he is pointing to himself and saying, "for me???"
I also love his look when you are licking off his chocolate hands. He thinks you are pretty great!
Can't wait to get your news TODAY!!

Unknown said...

oh he is too too cute!!! Love him :)

Ang said...

Happy happy birthday Taft! He's so cute!

Reimstar said...

I can't believe he is 1! He is I love the look on his face at the sight of his cake! Sounds like a great birthday! What a cutie pie!

Colie said...

This post cracked me up! I love that he had French Toast for breakfast - good taste, good taste. He looks so cute when he wakes up too. Also, the photo of your him checking out new MonkeyFriend is hilarious. You can tell he knows he has to switch but he looks like he's trying to size up the new MonkeyFriend and is thinking, "Alright buddy, you've got big shoes to fill." Add the look of shot at his birthday cake and desperation to get into his presents and I'd say this kid LOVED his birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to cute little Taft! Hard to believe a year has gone by...