3.15.2010

Taft's Birthday Party

We had Taft's birthday party this weekend and boy was it fun. We had a "ball" theme. Since most of the invitees (other than family) were under two years of age, everyone was asked to bring a ball to play with. I figured that could keep the kids occupied while parents and other grownups ate and socialized. I might add that only 2 of the 10 kids under 2 that were invited actually came (a whole other post on the concept of RSVP to come later) but I think we still had a blast. At least Seth, Taft, and I did.  We had food resembling ball shapes or circle shapes like sandwiches on rolls, carrots, cucumbers, and tomatoes cut into circles, cupcakes with a gumball on top, and lollipop party favors. I really had fun planning it all. We had it at our church since our place is pretty small, and the party ended with a Herway vs. Bluth basketball tourney in the cultural hall. A special shout-out to the Dan/Lara Herway clan who made up half the party with their big and darling family. Seriously, it's too bad for ya'll that their blog is private because their kids are CUU-UUTE.

Taft's actual birthday is on Tuesday so we will celebrate again then! Enjoy some pictures of our fun day.


















Taft trying out cake for the first time...it doesn't look like he has much of a sweet tooth. His cousin Brauer, on the other hand, seems to LoooooVE sweets. Yep, he's dipping his sucker in his frosting.





7 comments:

Herways Go West said...

These are just fabulous pictures. What a crack-up that Taft didn't like his cupcake and Brauer was dipping his sucker in his frosting....oh the joys of being a 4th kid. You get sugar waaaay too early!
Taft is adorable. And your party looks like a stupendous success. Good job! Taft will always appreciate it....

Melanie Herway said...

Fun!! Well done on the party. Very cute idea. I can't believe Taft is one.

Lindsey said...

I love that expression on Taft's face when he tried the sweets! LOL! Loved the party theme too, that's really cute.

Kathleen said...

You did a great job on everything. It was such a fun party! I love that you made the circle shirt with #1 on it. It was sooo cute!!!

La said...

We had a "ball" at the party. (that pun is for Seth) Truly, we did. The kids would have stayed forever, the basketball was really fun and Taft couldn't be a cuter 1 year old. (Not to mention I need the recipe for the sandwiches, and a copy of that picture of Brauer. I am just so proud...)

Unknown said...

Happy Happy Birthday Taft!!! He is soo cute Heidi! and what a fun birthday party :) and those crunches are pretty incredible :: I think I am going to try them ;)

Colie said...

I loved watching Taft eat his cake! He should be a food critic. I also love the shot of him with the balloon static! Rockin' birthday party.