3.24.2010

"Hey Guys, I Won Another Award"


Funny huh? Seth and I spent a good while laughing at Taft with these glasses on. I witnessed one of Seth's proudest medical school moments last week. He received an "award" for "Best Comic Relief" in his medical school class. It was quite a moment. He got these glasses and the funny nose/mustache/glasses thing along with passes to the movies. I've always thought Seth was/is very funny, but sometimes we have discussions on the appropriateness of his humor. Seth can be obviously funny, but he also has a dry/awkward humor side that seems to come out most around people who don't know him at all or have no sense of humor. Seth loves it. I get embarrassed. Seth also likes to ruffle feathers. Just a couple of weeks ago he sent out a controversial/joking e-mail to his class that about 90% understood it was a joke and 10% did not. He received a few hate e-mails back and loved it. I don't know why he likes that, but he just does.

Regardless, I'm glad I married someone who makes me laugh each day and I'm glad others can appreciate his humor too.


And I'm glad we have a funny little boy who looks extra funny in these disguises. 

9 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all I am laughing at the title of this post. I am sure that Lara can explain that to you some time or maybe you already know so that is why you posted it. Second, those pictures are hilarious!! Travis won class clown in highschool, maybe that is why he likes Seth so much.

La said...

Those pictures of Taft are way funny. And Seth is way funny. Good father/son combo.

Melanie Herway said...

Classic photos!! So funny! Seth and Jake have a little bit different humor but I think it's so funny to hear Jake make one of his jokes and for some people to totally miss it. It is sometimes embarrassing.

Jen and Jared said...

Well, there's obviously a good reason why Jared and Seth are such good friends. Jared's the same way with his humor. He thinks that may be why we don't have any friends out here.

Colie said...

That first photo cracks me up! I wonder if Taft will inherit the Panda suit...I love Seth's humor but I think I love his creativity just as much.

Kathleen said...

LOL...That first photo is classic.
Seth's humor is one of his best assets! I'm glad that he keeps you laughing each day:)

Pew Family said...

I haven't been around Seth but a handful of times but he is hilarious! I love his sense of humor, it made me laugh everyone of those 5 times I was around him! Taft is so funny! I can't believe how fast he is growing!

Herways Go West said...

Well, I ADMIT....I miss most of the jokes. Maybe not most, but alot of them. Looks like Taft is enjoying the laughs he is getting!

Lindsey said...

This post cracked me up...and I love all of the comments from the wives of Seth's friends who have the same humor. And then...well, Nathan kinda has that too. haha. I love when the Herways and Mulhollands are together though because they REALLY think each other are funny! :)