3.01.2010

On My Mind

Stupid, stupid, stupid Jake. Stupid me for watching this show, but Jake is even stupider. Is Ali going to be the next Batchelorette? If so, I don't wanna watch. I don't know why I watch this show in the first place, it is SO painfully retarded, yet I schedule it into my Monday night routine each week.

I've eaten at least one peanut butter and apricot jam sandwich a day for the past two weeks. It's like dessert for lunch. Or dinner. Or breakfast. Or second dinner.

Is it normal to lay awake at night thinking about how I want to decorate the next apartment we live in?

I've become obsessed with design/sewing/craft blogs and it's becoming a problem.

I bought decorations for Taft's birthday party and I am getting very excited. Seth thinks I'm crazy, but he's trying very hard to be supportive a birthday party for a one year old that won't realize/remember any of it.

8 comments:

Kathleen said...

I'm excited for Taft's 1 year old party too! It will be great.

Good luck with the decorating fixation. It is NORMAL in our family. I'd like to say that it will pass, but prolly not. Here it is almost 30 years after our first apartment and we're all torn up again re-decorating.

Meg said...

Um, maybe it is in the coulam family too because I do the same thing. I lay awake dreaming about how I would decorate things or imagining our "dream" home. I thought I was the only pathetic one! JK. Glad someone else does the same thing. Also, can't believe Taft is going to be 1!!

natalie said...

The 1 yr bday party of course is for the parents. We all know that. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it! :)
Be careful when you talk about someone named Jake on a first named basis. For half a second I thought you were talking about a diff jake. hahaha. But yeah I don't like that Jake either and I like myself even less for watching that show.

La said...

I hate Jake/Vienna. Dumbest choice ever. And I am loser and watch as well. So. . . yeah. I am excited to see what your next place looks like.

Unknown said...

I watch too but got told who Jake chose before seeing the finale so not sure I will ever watch ;) and just let Seth know that Hawaiians go crazy for the first birthday because they believe the more they party the more luck the kid will have in life or something like that :)

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

I refused to watch this season because Jake annoys me, although I did tune in for the Women Tell All and After The Final Rose.

Can't say I think Jake has made a smart choice. My fave part was when Tenley asked Jake how he could justify proposing to Vienna when he had just admitted he loved them both.

Herways Go West said...

Do you have a specific apartment you are redecorating, or do you have several? That could take lots of dream time for sure!
You HAVE to do a first b-party. You know, the first for the first. And that explains why you have a grand second for the second...third for the third and so on....and we will need LOTS of pictures for the absentee grandparents.

Colie said...

Have you heard that Kalai song "On My Mind" - it's a good one.
I think Nallie was right when she said the first birthday is for the parents, but I'm sure Taft will love digging into his cake!