12.15.2009

The Taftman



Remember when he was this small? I do. He was so sleepy all of the time. I would have to get him naked to feed him and then touch his cheek with an ice cube! Taft, my non-cuddling baby, is going through a phase of falling asleep while drinking his bed time bottle and then lets me snuggle him for as long as I want. Let's just say I'm not getting anything done at night. I was talking to Seth tonight and told him he needs to come home as soon as possible so he can start enjoying Taft's new bedtime snuggle routine. I can't think of anything better in the world than when your baby snuggles with you. Pure heaven.

Since Seth has been out of town for the past week and still won't be back until Sunday, I've had a lot of one on one time with Taft. I'm so grateful to be a mom and get to enjoy Taft while he is a baby. Can you believe he's going to be nine months old tomorrow? Next thing I know he's going to be 9 years old, then 19 years old. I don't like how fast time is flying.

5 comments:

La said...

19? I think you are getting ahead of yourself just a tad. But I get the point and believe me, it is not lost on me. I cuddle my baby everyday for hours and don't care if I haven't mopped in two weeks because Brauer is snuggling me.

p.s. While I am here and thinking of it. . . So Zane is still home sick today but I think he will go to school tomorrow. So do you want to come over Friday at 11:30? Or I could do Monday at 1. And before I forget the girls winter dance recital is on Friday at 5:30. This is one of those times I should have just emailed you right? LMK

Meg said...

Heid, that pic of Taft makes me super excited for our babe to finally arrive. Bytheway, I feel real bad because Brittani had a shower for me on Dec. 5th (your bday) and you were invited but the evite came back to her saying it was "undeliverable" and the invite she sent you in the mail is sitting on her counter with "return to sender" stamped across the front of it. We thought you knew about the shower and I assumed you didn't come because it was on your big day (a good excuse too) but now we realize you never knew about it and we didn't know that until after it was over. So sorry. love you and know I really woulda wanted you there if you knew about it!!!

La said...

Okay so you went a little post crazy tonight. And that picture of Taft is great. He really was one of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen. And I am an expert.

Herways Go West said...

I have a baby boy that is 19 years old. And he used to be 9 months old too. And weren't there some others???
I know Taft is leaning for the Bluth look, but this baby picture is Seth to a T.

Melanie Herway said...

I remember! It seems like he should still be that way. Isn't he?