12.16.2009

8 and 9 Months





Better late than never right? Believe it or not, this is the best 8 month picture I could get. I believe he is crying because I took away the paper from him (see crinkles on paper).




Today went much better. Taft is 9 months old today. We went to the doctor today and he's in 75th percentile for weight and height and 90th for head. Prolly cuz he has such a big, smart brain. :) He's a healthy boy and is happy most of the time. The doctor did noticed his soft spot is larger than normal so we are heading to Primary's for an ultrasound tomorrow. The doctor said she isn't worried, but doesn't want to miss something. Because he's on track for most everything, I'm not to worried either, but I'll feel better after tomorrow's appointment.

At nine months Taft:

Sleeps about 10 hours at night, with two 1-1.5 hour naps during the day.
Likes all food given to him, except Belgian baby food green beans...Haricot Verts.
Chugs 24 oz. of formula a day.
Does a worm/rolly polly bug crawl/scoot to get things he wants.
Hates being dressed/undressed/diaper changed.
Loves bath time.
Loves being read to.
Loves tearing up paper.
Says mama, dada, nana, and pff indiscriminately.
Tries to bite me if I give him a raspberry kiss on the cheek.
Belly laughs if you're funny enough.
Loves Monkey Friend. (stuffed monkey). We're not really sure if his name is Monkeyfriend (one word) or first name, Monkey, last name, Friend.
Likes to smile at strangers, especially girls.
Has two teeth.
Is one awesome razzer.
Likes to bop his head and rock to music.
Thinks it's funny to look in the mirror.
Will let you cuddle him if he's tired enough.
Still has way crazy hair.
Hates shopping in clothing stores, but can handle places like Target, Walmart, and the grocery store.




9 comments:

Herways Go West said...

On the 8 month picture I can almost hear the anguished cry. So funny. I love the list of updates of his life. So he loves to smile at girls....catching on fast!

Unknown said...

Oh Heidi he is so cute!! I love his adorable smile :) You are so good at keeping track of these things!! I think that Taft and Zeke would be great friends!!

La said...

Taft is so dang cute. His stats remind me of Zane and his hair, of course. I think Zane and Taft must have gotten a good dose of Herway because even their personalities remind me of each other. Let us know what the Doctor says tomorrow. I hate stuff like that. I am sorry Seth isn't here to go with you.

Kathleen said...

I just love both photos. The dual faces of Taft, although the second happy photo is much more typical. I'll look forward to hearing how the ultrasound goes. I think his soft spot is just trying to make room for his extra brilliant brain.

Ang said...

Good blogging Heidi! He is so cute!

Min said...

I love this little man!!! What a heart throb! I am totally in the Taftman fanclub!!!

Sierra Danielle said...

Oh Heidi, he is so handsome! I can hardly believe how big he is!

Anonymous said...

Taft is just so cute. I can't believe how quickly he is growing up!

Colie said...

He's going to love these when he's 30! By then I'll be what - 52ish? I actually will probably still love these shots!