I'm 26 now. My SIL kindly pointed out that I am now closer than 30 than 20. I'm slightly depressed about it all, but not too bad. I think I'm going to stop keeping track of my age. Like, when someone asks me how old I am, I want to have to think about what year I was born and do the math. I don't know why, I just do.
However, my 25th year was a really good one. Seth and I became parents. Seth and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary. We got together with all of Seth's siblings and their kids (first time since our wedding). I passed a licensing test for social work. We went to Europe twice. We went to Morocco. Seth, Taft, and I were very healthy. (I did get the swine flu a few days before I actually turned 26, but we'll pretend it was after) Seth started being paid a monthly retainer from a company for doing absolutely nothing. I got to quit my job to stay home with Taft.
I'm looking forward to my 26th year. At this time next year, we'll probably be living in a different state, Taft will be walking, Seth will be done with school, we'll have an income, and we'll be getting ready to go home for holidays.
12.15.2009
26 going on 50
Posted by Heidi at 9:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Crap, was I the SIL? I shouldn't talk so much but I really can't help it. Seriously. I have tried to stop lots of times. And don't worry about getting older because life just gets better. Taft will get better. Seth will get better. You will get better. Truly. Here's to 26!
Age is relative. 26 sure seems young to me! It IS young! And so much to look forward to....
Glad your 25th was great. 26 will prove to be even better, as Lara said!
That is a pretty rockin' awesome 25th year!
Hope you had a fun birthday! I'm glad your 25th year was a happy one :)
Post a Comment