12.15.2009
...
Do you think I could pull of saying "ya'll"? Because I really want to move to the South. Seth has been on his South/Southeast interview trip and I'm starting to get my heart set on going there. Here's why:
1. It's warm
2. People drink Sweet Tea. I know I can't drink it, but it sounds yummy.
3. Seth would be done by 3:00 each day at most of the programs.
4. Plantation houses
5. Southern hospitality
6. We could afford a house (not a plantation house, but one with more than one bathroom)
7. BBQ (I am an expert at BBQ thanks to employment at Joe Morley's and Goodwood)
8. Steel Magnolias.
9. Paula Deen.
10. I can find out what collard greens are.
Negatives
1. MSW programs are rare
2. Alligators
3. Rednecks
4. Hurricanes
5. Humidity
The possibilities are: Winston-Salem, NC, Birmingham, AL, and Jacksonville, FL
Posted by Heidi at 9:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
And Forrest Gump. Ala-Freakin-bama. I am really excited to find out where you guys are going. It's kinda nerve racking. But cool.
I loved your positives. Negatives can be overcome, don't you think? I know AL is high on the list, but FL sounds great!
We don't have hurricanes or rednecks...well, they're rare. And you don't know BBQ till you've tried southern BBQ. You would love it out here. I'm really rooting for Winston-Salem. I would LOVE to have family 40 minutes away. That is...if we stay.
South is the way to go! But you're going to have to add fried okra to your list, it's the best.
Your postives sound wonderful :: you should move today :) Sorry Aunty Kathy!
Hey that map of the south has Texas highlighted too! And we are the best at BBQ & hospitality. :)
Plus accents. Taft + Southern accent = dangerously adorable!
Post a Comment