3.07.2009

Whoa Mama...

Due date is tomorrow folks. I went to the doctor yesterday and I'm still at the same place as I was a week ago, nowhere. My doc said I was dilated to a 1+ and 50% effaced. She said it doesn't mean anything and he could come today. I told her to shut up and that she didn't know anything. Just kidding. I actually really like my doctor. I kept hinting to her to move my induction date by saying things like, "I'm just really done" "I'm really uncomfortable" "I'm really anxious". All I got from her was "Sorry honey." Poo.



However, I did have 3 contractions last night so I feel like I'm making progress. They hurt. I guess I didn't really believe people when they said contractions hurt. I'm sure last nights weren't even the painful ones either. I woke up around 1:00 in pain and then realized I was having a contraction and got way excited, but at the same time thought, uh-oh this is not going to be much fun. Then I had two more a little later on and woke up Seth to tell him. I couldn't fall back asleep and ended up watching House Hunters on HGTV at 3:00 in the morning.



Hopefully this is the last pregnant picture of me taken...


And yes, I feel GI-normous. Things like putting on socks have suddenly become much more difficult.

9 comments:

Laurel said...

good luck! it will be great!

La said...

He is totally coming tonight (While Seth is at the b-ball game. Just kidding.)! Actually, where are the boys? I am kinda bored too. We should have planned something. uhmmm. Well. Keep blogging. I like reading your stuff.

Ang said...

I love the update! Good luck. You still look so cute.

Jame said...

Heid you look so dang cute!! You are still so little everywhere else!! I'm so excited for your little guy to come. I keep checking your blog for the big news, but I actually better get the news through text message soon after it happens!! :)

Unknown said...

you look adorable!! You know those cute pregnant ladies that you can only hope to look like?? That is you!!! I know the anticipation is crazy but hang on...it is so fun and surreal when it finally happens!! Good luck!!!

RyanandHailee said...

Hey cute little mama to be!!! I can't wait to get the news he is coming so soon..... hang in there!It is the most amazing experience ever! You better let me know when he arrives!

Herways Go West said...

I hate due dates that come and go! My next guess is March 12th. I don't think you'll make it to induction day.
Good luck. And believe everyone, it hurts but worth it!

natalie said...

You have such a cute preggo belly! (no fair).
I kind of wish I would have been forced to wait and see when Isabel was coming.
It's too late for this now probably but my SIL's dr said the same thing to her and she pretty much told the doctor too bad, you ARE going to induce me!! And he did! haha.

Pew Family said...

You are tiny Heidi! You haven't retained one bit of water, your so lucky! You look great! I will keep crossing my fingers for you!