This is the third day of my life as a stay-at-home-not-quite-a-mom-yet. Because of the type of work I do, I couldn't just work up until the day the baby came. I had to plan ahead and transfer cases and a bunch of stuff you're not interested in. The problem is I am done with work for the time being, but I still don't have a baby to take care of. I have been bored out of my mind and it's only Wednesday. I know I'll be plenty busy and tired and exhausted when the baby actually does get here, but right now I'm dying for things to do. I've realized I don't know what to do with free time (unless it involves spending money which I'm trying not to do)
1. Monday I cleaned. Organized our hall closet. Organized our bedroom closet. Laundry. Cleaned. Crap, now I have nothing to do tomorrow.
2. Tuesday I met our potential pediatrician. She seems really smart and has lots of experience. She kind of talks a lot though. She kept calling a circumcision a "circ" and for some reason it made me feel bad that we are planning on "circ-ing". I think we'll stick with her though. After I took TRAX to Gateway to meet my SIL. I took TRAX because that kills more time than driving. I looked at Baby Gap and Gymboree but didn't find anything I wanted. Then met the SIL and kids at the FoodCourt. Then I took TRAX to the library and got some books and a season of The Cosby Show on DVD. So far I've watched 10 or 11 episodes. Then I walked home and was EXHAUSTED. I hoped this would put my in labor. It didn't.
3. Today is Wednesday. Luckily, my mom had to go to Provo for work and I went with her. Then she took me to lunch. When I got home I made two different kinds of cookies. Snickerdoodles and Peanut Butter cookies. Now I'm at the hospital (not as a patient) across the street from our place stealing internet. It's 4:00 p.m. and hopefully Seth will be home by 6:00. We're having free Quiznos subs for dinner.
4. Tomorrow I get to babysit some cutie-patooties. That will take up some time.
5. Please pray for me that I don't have to wait to be induced. I won't get induced until the FIFTEENTH!!!!! That's ELEVEN days away. I CAN NOT wait that long.
6. Any comments on things I can do in the next couple of days would be greatly appreciated.
7. Oh and I've folded and refolded the baby's clothes a gazillion times now.
3.04.2009
Boredom
Posted by Heidi at 2:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
I waited 3 weeks from the time I quit work until Dan was born. Tried everything to induce and it never works. Those darn babies come when they feel like it! So boredom is a REAL problem.
Go to the movies and see 'Slumdog Millionaire'. It is really great. Course that means spending money. Hmmm, you did the library already. I give up.
Are people bringing you dinners after you give birth?? If not cook and freeze stuff! Even if people are bringing in food still do it...you won't want to cook or clean or any of that junk for a long, long time :) Also call friends that you want to catch up with...won't have too much time for that either ;)
Read! I wish I would have read more when I actually had the time to do it. Read books while your waiting for him to come and while he's little enough that he just sits or lays there and while he sleeps cause they sleep alot! I'm so excited for you! I'll keep my fingers crossed he comes on his own!
I like the comment about catching up with friends. Just a thought. Actually, I was going to suggest that you take this opportunity to write your memories from Russia. Then I can start putting together your Christmas present. You can scan journal entries, and write whatever else you can remember. Letters and emails are also great if you can salvage any of those. Then just send them on to me. That should keep you busy for a while. And it will be a good trip down memory lane. I hope you are feeling okay. Let me know if you want to do that whole catching up with old friends thing.
You can still be hired to clean my house tomorrow. Maybe it will do two things, earn you more money and get the baby coming!
Oh bless your heart! You could come to my house and keep me company, I'm sick as a dog! You could explain to me how you made it through your 20 weeks of sickness, because I'm having serious doubts!
I'm impressed with how much cleaning you're doing while so preggo. I hated trying to clean when I was so big, it made it so much harder. You're always welcome to clean my house if you're that bored :) haha, j/k, I wouldn't really make you do that (unless you REALLY wanted to). I think the comment about cooking and freezing meals is a great idea. Even if people bring you meals it will stop after a couple of weeks, but I definitely still didn't feel like cooking at that point.
Oh, and sleep lots while you have the chance! You'll miss it!
Hope you've found a few more things to do. I remember feeling the same way. It's all a huge adjustment. That boy will keep you really busy, it's hard to understand how that little body takes up so much time, but that boredom will be filled shortly :) I am coming out to SL for a quick trip next week! Maybe I'll adjust it to when your labor comes. I want to be able to visit you and meet that boy in the hospital. Let me know as soon as things get going. k. I'll call you though, and we can get together.
Blog stalk. :) Or go hang out with your cool SIL.
I remember those days. No fun! Not too many more left though. Hang in there. I wish I had some good ideas for you. But best of wishes to you...I hope all goes well and I'll see you all in a couple weeks.
This was one of your best posts. I loved it. Waiting for a baby to come is the worst. The best idea I had before Isabel was born was to cook meals and freeze them.
My favorite thing after Bryn was born was being able to bend over again. Dropping soap in the shower was no longer a problem! haha
Post a Comment