9.02.2007

Back to Real Life

Seth and I are back from Europe and are getting adjusted to real life again. Seth started school a couple of weeks ago and has already had a test. He felt like he did well, which he most likely did. This weekend was the equivalent of Christmas for Seth. BYU football had it's first game. A few days before the game I heard Seth talking to his brother Dan saying, "If you think about it, it's like today is December 21st because in four days is the game which feels like Christmas!" Seth came home from the game happy, BYU won.

I've been a tad bored since we've been home. I have stayed somewhat busy getting our condo put together a little bit more. My cousin Amy was in Utah for a week and she painted our kitchen and our bathroom for us. She's really great. Our condo is starting to feel like home now that we're making it ours. However, I haven't really been including Seth on any of the major home decorating decisions. The day before Amy was coming to paint I told Seth that she was coming. Seth: "Amy's coming to paint tomorrow?" Me: "Yep." Seth: "What colors is she painting?" Me: "Oh, yeah, I totally forgot to ask you if you liked the colors!" Good thing Seth really has no opinion about paint colors and I would probably end up talking him into the colors I liked anyway. :) I feel like there's still a lot to do in our place, but it's starting to feel more like home every day.

5 comments:

La said...

bummer. . . . real life? j/k. I can't wait to see what you have done to your apartment.

Herways Go West said...

a tad bored? Live it up. Won't happen again anywhere in the near future!! Your cousin Amy gets a good mark! By the way, I call out "Heidi" and "Seth" and you guys don't answer either. Bummer.

natalie said...

That is so funny that my brothers get so excited for BYU football games. It's no where near Christmas. I think football is boring!
I wish I had a cousin to come paint my house. You should post pictures of before/after!

Colie said...

Amy did a fantastic job painting and I love your style of decorating. The place really does look great!

Melanie Herway said...

What colors did you end up choosing?? I have no doubt it looks fantastic. I hear you on the bored thing...but it's true you should enjoy it cause as soon as kids come along you'll miss that freedom!