10.14.2010

Seattle (again) and Portland

My sister Lanx had a couple of UVU soccer games in Seattle and Portland a couple of weeks ago. My mom flew up for the games so Taft and I drove over to Seattle and met Lanx and her there. It was a quick trip but it was great fun to see my mom and sis. My mom had gifts galore for Taft when we arrived, including those cute frog boots he was wearing a couple of posts ago.

Lanx's first game was in Seattle against Seattle University. The weather was perfect for the game, whichI was really surprised about due to the location. The next day my mom, Taft, and I hung around downtown Seattle in the morning until we drove to Portland. That night we met up with my cousin Adam and his two SUPER cute boys Davis and Wilson for dinner. It was quite entertaining and not relaxing whatsoever to be at a sit-down restaurant with a 2 1/2 year old, a 1 1/2 year old, and another baby less than 1. My cousin Adam is super funny though and even though it was a crazy night it was a lot of fun. I didn't end up staying for Lanx's Portland game because Taft desperately needed a nap so I figured I should hit the road home. It was a good thing too because Lanx's game was delayed by an hour and then went into double overtime. Taft ended up sleeping the first three hours of the six hour drive home. It was perfect!

I only took one picture but here is Taft and my mom at Lanx's Seattle game. Taft is sporting his green and showing off his Wolverine pride.



4 comments:

Herways Go West said...

Go Wolverines! Cute picture! Nothing more magical that a long drive ahead and a sleeping child! Bravo.

Unknown said...

awww your mom looks great!!! and Taft is as adorable as ever :)

La said...

Taft and Grandma. Taft looks a little distracted but Kathleen looks very, very happy. Super cute.

Colie said...

I'm dying to go to Seattle. I'm dying to see Taft. Ah...