This video is rather long and a little slow. Probably only the most loyal fans in the Bumski Fan Club will be able to watch the whole thing.
Taft is now almost 19 months old but we just had his 18 month check up this week. His stats read:
Weight: 26 lbs. 6 oz. - 50th%
Height: 33 1/2" - 75th%
Head: 19 3/4" - 95th%
So basically he's not chubby, he's kinda tall, and his head is huge. This past doctor's experience was not a fun one for Taft. The poor guy had to get two new immunizations, a flu shot, and then had his blood drawn. It was a very sad hour, but he perked right up once we left and was pleasant the rest of the day. I always get nervous after shots that he's going to get sick and have a high fever or something.
Taft is at a really really fun age right now and is talking more and more. His first somewhat sentence the other day was "brush teeth". Not really a sentence but he did put two words together. He's added a few new words to his vocabulary lately like:
bus- "boosh"
helicopter- (i don't even know how I would spell the way he says it, but you can tell it's something along the lines of helicopter)
cracker- "cacka"
cheese- "cheese"
water- "wawa"
boots- "boose"
He jabbers constantly and it's fun to actually understand some of the words he's saying. He likes to read books and he'll often go into his room by himself, climb up on the rocking chair, and tell himself the stories. It's so cute. He loves to play with cars and blocks, but mostly cars. And of course other non-approved items like pens and markers and dangerous sharp objects.
He knows where some of his body parts are like head, nose, toes, belly button, and bum. Bum is his absolute favorite body part to point out. He'll say bum over and over while slapping it. We've almost got eyes down also.
He finally knows that I am "Mom" and Seth is "Dad". He still doesn't say mom or dad to get our attention but if we ask who's that, and point to one another he can now distinguish the difference. Also when Seth leaves Taft will shrug his shoulders and put his hands up in the "where's so-and-so" action and say "Da?"
He's a pretty good eater, but definitely has a sweet tooth. The things I've been most surprised that he has liked to eat have been enchiladas and salsa.
He's been a really great sleeper since we moved to Spokane. This past week was rough for some reason, but I think things are getting back to normal. He takes a 2 hour nap in the afternoon, sometimes a little longer, and goes to bed around 7:30 and wakes up around 7. He's really easy to put down, we just do our routine, put him in bed and then he waves "goodnight" to us and that's it. It's awesome.
He had his first burn accident this morning. I had just finished ironing and had unplugged the iron and took it off the ironing board and put it on my dresser while it cooled. I thought I had put it out of his reach but apparently not and Taft ended up burning his fingers on it. It was so sad and I feel terrible! All day long he's been saying "hot" and "ouch" and showing us his hand.
The only downside to this age right now is the big T-word. TANTRUMS. Those are so not fun. It seems that at least once a day he has one in the hallway or elevator of our building so people probably hate us for sure. You can guarantee you have a flip-out coming your way if you have to stop Taft from doing something he wants to do/doesn't want to do. Like going the wrong way in the building or refusing to get on the elevator when you have 10,000 grocery bags in your hands, or when he wants to run in the parking lot, or if he has to stay in the shopping cart longer than he wants, or if you try to take him into a clothing store.
Other than a few breakdowns during the day, Taft is one fantastic little boy. I especially notice it more when we're around other kids who are like little devils. Taft really is a very easy kid and it doesn't hurt that he's so dang cute.
10.10.2010
18 Months (ish)
Posted by Heidi at 6:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
lol. omgosh I would love to see him saying bum and slapping it. Who taught him that one? hahaha.
This was a great update on little Taft. It makes me sad that I don't get to know him in real life at this age.
Love the post and love the video. He makes me laugh.
Thanks for spending an hour on Skype with us. We all loved it.
Can't wait to see all of you in a month!
Thanks for the blog update, Nog. It was definitely needed. Also, thanks for talking to me tonight. You're a great sissy. Can't believe I'm missing so much of that boy's growing up. Makes me sad :(
I love the bum slapping. Although it does sound like he is saying his name is, Scott. :) I can't wait to see you guys later this week!
I must be a die hard Taft fan b/c I watched the whole video. Loved it and your update.
Sorry about the burned fingers. I handed a plate to Nicole this summer that was ok on my side and burned her whole hand! So I know how you feel about feeling terrible.
Amazing kids trust us after we inflict all that pain on them at the Doctors, huh?
Love the side-to-side wiggle dance and how Taft cracks himself up. :)
Love the video...he knows where his cookie is and that is really all tha matters in life. Well...that and DC, but he is much too young for that:) Miss you Heidi, we are going to lunch on Friday...can you fly in for a hot min? :)
Post a Comment