My sister Taylor requested a blog update. For you, Fwizobiz.
The Dan and Lara Herways came to town last weekend. They stayed in Coeur d'Alene, just a skip, hop, and a jump from Spokane. I only took one picture, but not really by choice, our camera is acting up. We had lots of fun seeing their family, went on a nature walk, bike rides (not me), swam at their hotel, and had a few meals together. Taft and Brauer get along super well and it was so fun to have them play together. Taft really likes kids older than him and I think Brauer was excited to be older than somebody! Their kids had fall break and we were so happy that they chose to spend their break with us!
Earlier last week we headed to an area of Spokane called Greenbluffs. It's a community of like 20 or something farms that sell their produce, crafts, etc. to the public. We went during the week and it was a little disappointing so we're probably going to go this weekend when they have more going on.
I've been feeling a little guilty that I should be doing more to prep for the new baby. With Taft we had so much to buy, showers to attend, a nursery to decorate, but this time around, especially since we're having another boy there's just not as much planning to do and I feel guilty about it for some reason. I've also been feeling bad that he's going to wear so many hand-me-downs. Seth tells me he liked that part of being a second child. He said when school shopping came around he got his share of new clothes but then got all of his older brother's old clothes too, so it was double awesome. Anyway, the new baby does have a new special stuffed animal, I'm making him a blanket this week, and I've been on the prowl for a perfect "coming home" outfit. If this sounds like I'm requesting baby gifts and showers, I AM NOT AT ALL. All I'm saying is since we have pretty much everything and are not shopping for things left and right then it means we're not as excited for this baby, but WE ARE BABY! We can't wait for you to get here!
Also, regarding baby boy, I've had more ultrasounds this time around to monitor his growth and some other stuff that I won't bore you with. He's looking fantastic and at the last ultrasound he weighed 2 lbs. 11 oz. Just a little peanut. We got some great shots of his face and it looks like we're going to have another studmuffin on our hands. I think we have a name for him too. We got a baby doll for Taft today to help him to learn to be soft. So far he's been very gentle with the baby, gives him kisses, and hasn't thrown him yet. It came with girl clothes on, but for keeping our manliness in check I'll be making some boy baby clothes for him.
And finally, my mom found this video of Taylor from a few years ago. She posted it on facebook, but I think more of the world needs to see it:





7 comments:
Thank you for posting the video of Tates. Thank you. Really thank you. I can't wait to show my kids.
Baby boy #2 is going to be pleased as punch to be in Taft-man's old clothes. Brauer LOVES wearing stuff that used to be Zane's. He usually is telling everyone all about the cool shirt he is wearing that came from his cool older brother.
I loved seeing you and hanging out and chatting. You guys have a great fam and I can't wait to meet baby #2. I really need to borrow baby #2 so that I don't have a baby #5, cause that would be crazy.
Lastly, I am glad Brauer and Taft are friends. Brauer has asked us everyday if he can go back and play at Tatftss house. It's cute.
Lara, you show anyone and you're dead!! Haha kidding :) I miss you guys a lot!
Shuggy, thanks for the update and for showin everyone what a dummy I am. Love ya??
Tates
Love the picture of taft by the pumpkins in his plaid shirt. What a stud.
So fun that you go together with dan's family. You need to steal that pic of dan/seth with their boys off lara's blog. I love it!
Go Taylor. So what is she imitating? A 50 year old dancing? She looks better though!
So glad you had fun with the other Herway's. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall to watch all the happenings. Fun people, ALL.
And Baby Boy has a name??? I think he won't care if he gets all hand me downs...boys just don't care! Girls on the other hand? But especially little boys. The grubbier the better. So exciting that the time is getting closer. I have yet to meet Katelyn...but soon. Geez, when will I meet your new boy???
I want to hear the name!!! And, love the video, Taylor! ps, we went to lunch the other day and missed you!
Hahaha I love the "I'm 50!" dance. Seriously. Taylor you are awesome. And you make adorable boys so far, so its a good thing you are making another one. Also, I LOVED getting hand me downs and I got them from 3 older sisters and multiple cousins. I thought I was so cool.
I'm excited for Baby Boy #2 too! I hope it all works out for us all to be in San Diego next year!
Post a Comment