11.01.2009

Za Rheine in '09



We celebrated our 3rd anniversary early this year (Nov. 17) over the weekend. Seth and I went to Bachrach, Germany on the Rheine to spend Friday night and Saturday. T-bone stayed with Gram and Pop and had such a great time he didn't even realize we were gone. We had a great time too and found how strange is was to be able to go to bed whenever we wanted, sleep until whenever we wanted, eat whenever, and only had to worry whether our own bodies were cold. We spent Saturday riding bikes along the Rheine and "reconnecting". It seems like either Seth or I seem to say that we need to "reconnect" a lot. So we did. It was freezing but we still had a really great time. We were very grateful to have free overnight babysitting.


We stayed in the place behind Seth



The kind of picture you get with a bike, a backpack, and a self timer.



How fitting that this dog sign is a weiner dog.

8 comments:

Kathleen said...

Happy 3rd Anniversary! I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. I'm glad that you and Seth got to enjoy the Rhine in 09! It looks like it was a fun getaway.
The photos brought back memories of our trip last summer and it makes me miss it!

La said...

Oh I miss Germany in the Fall. Dan and I took my mom to Bachrach and we loved it there. I am way jealous.
And Heidi, DO NOT CUT your hair it looks so dang good. Like movie star good.
Good job reconnecting over the 3rd Anniversary. You two are one of my most favorite couples. Congrats on 3 years of marital bliss....

natalie said...

I like the self timer picture.
What a perfect way to celebrate... an overnight babysitter is hard to come by and hard to beat.

Melanie Herway said...

Is it ever warm there? I look of those pictures and think of probably the coldest I've ever been in my life. Still good memories though. I'm glad you got to bike it.

Unknown said...

what a gorgeous place!! and sounds like the greatest anniversary trip!!!

Colie said...

Coolest bike ride ever. River, cliffs, German houses, fall. So gorgeous! Happy 3 years!

Herways Go West said...

Yep, I got the good deal on that one. Taft man all to myself, and he loved me the whole time. Never a whine for Mom/Dad.
Happy 3rd!!

Staci Davies said...

Wow. You go to so many cool places. Looks so beautiful there! Happy anniversary