11.04.2009

Help Here


Since our laptop was stolen/lost (we prefer to think it was stolen) the day we arrived in this blessed EU, we've come the conclusion that a computer is just something we cannot live without. Since Christmas is right around the corner we've justified spending school loan money on a computer, wouldn't you? Here's the dilemma, I really want a Mac but they're quite on the expensive side. I've been trying to talk Seth into it but my only argument as been, "But I just really like the way look". I need a stronger selling point. After spending oodles of time on the in-laws Macs, I've realized I like iPhoto loads better than the Windows version, I think iMovie looks like fun, and I still just really like the way it looks. Sometimes when trying to sell Seth on the idea I use the word "aesthetics" to make me sound like I know what I'm talking about. I've looked all over Mac's website and I'm convinced, but how do I get Seth to want it just as much or more than I do?

10 comments:

Herways Go West said...

put those puppy brown eyes on him! Or use Taft somehow. He'll do anything for Taft, right???

natalie said...

call Noel! That's how. We are mac lovers at this house.

Noel has a mac mini and I have a PowerBook G4 that I bought 5 years ago. We love both.

My fave thing about the mac is that is has never crashed and I've never had a virus. Haven't you seen the mac vs. pc commercials? haha

Lanxie Jo said...

okay i've been wanting a mac book for like ever and a few reasons

1. i love how they look
2. battery life is quadruple my puter's
3. like natalie said they CAN'T get viruses... ever because they haven't been loaded with spy ware
4. they run quick and have so many applications
5. you can make movies of taft and it has face recognition so your photos can organize themselves
6. it is expensive originally but it is a long term investment.. since they don't have problems they last forever...
7. the mac store has a genius bar that helps you with all your questions and genius does more than that
8. the resolution is crazy
9. they are just the bomb.com
10. get one! :)
p.s. you can look on ksl for a used one they usually have a lot!

the end
love you see you in a week!

Melanee said...

I love my Mac. They don't get viruses. I love the artsy applications. They run the adobe creative suite so much better than a PC. They last longer. I think it is worth the cost. If you want to do any kind of graphic art or work with photos and video they are the way to go.

Amy Eagleston said...

Knowing that he is a Herway I am going to guess that the best way is going to be to find an amazing deal on one. The U of U bookstore has the most amazing deals around. Paul got mine there last year for Christmas and it was several hundred dollars cheaper than any where else. It was last years model and they clear them out before Christmas.

Pew Family said...

I'd listen to Lauren, she's has lots of good reasons! But I'm with you Heid! I just really like the way they look too! I've loved looking at your blog and seeing all the fun places you go! Taft is adorable, I love his face so much!

Melanie Herway said...

Make a movie of Taft on Anita's mac, then find a deal on craigslist. I've been trying to convince Jake, the only problem is...we still have our computer :)

La said...

I like Amy's "knowing he is a Herway". . . that makes me laugh. As you know, I love my Mac. Dan doesn't understand my devotion but my Mac is nearly six years old and I have NEVER had a moments worth of problems with it. It is reliable. My neighbor is on her third computer in four years and guess what she is asking for Christmas? A mac. Why? Because they work. They always work. Besides, tell Seth, "All the cool kids are doing it". I am sure that will do the trick. :)
p.s. maybe you should remind him of the sweet Birthday surprise he got and drop the hint for a great Christmas surprise.

Colie said...

Get Taft a shirt with the Apple logo on it. Subliminal messages...

Emily said...

Seriously our Mac has been the best purchase we have ever made. Good luck with the convincing!