You might be surprised to know that trying to get over jet lag with a baby who is also trying to get over jag lag is not very fun at all. In fact, it's pretty miserable. Taft has been miserably tired most of the daylight hours and I end up putting him to bed about 5 or 6 because he is just a wreck. Then about 2 am he is ready to play and get going for the day. We've been home for three days now and this is how it has been each day. He's not napping much during the day, but will still only sleep from 5 or 6 until 2. He really didn't have much of a hard time at all adjusting to Belgium time, but he's having a heck of a time now. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get him back on Utah time? I'm dying here.
11.14.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
oh boy, that does sound hard! Considering Claire woke up 5 times last night, I clearly have no clue how to get a child to sleep normally. But I do wish you the best of luck!!
I have been there. I feel your pain and your exhaustion.
ugh.
The solution is to move to Belgium and never leave. duh!
Oh wait. I just had an idea!
When he is tired at 5pm then wake up him at 6:30 or 7pm. Let that be his power nap right before bed. Then put him back down at 9 or 10 for the night. Of course this is not the normal time you want him going to bed, but if he sleeps in later in the morning then he will last later that evening and won't need the power nap but will be tired at his normal bed time.
Maybe?
It is ALWAYS harder coming back, I don't know why. I feel your pain. Natalie has a good idea. Whenever our kids wake up in the middle of the night from jet lag we try and keep lights really low and not give them too much attention. Hang in there, a few more days and he'll be back on track!
It is the worst coming this way. It took us a full month to adjust. We had the same thing, by about 5pm he was ready to go down for the night. I finally started letting him sleep for only 15 minutes at that time then dealing with a really cranky baby for as long as I could stand. In the end I don't think anything I did helped, he just slowly figured it out. I feel your pain.
My advice? Better come back to Belgium! (oh, I see that was Natalie's advice as well...)
Hang in there kid. It will get better. And soon this will be a distant memory.
You could call me when he wakes up. I'm probably up with mine. We could chat:) I hope things are improving. Welcome home.
Bring in Aunt Colie. I'll be there tomorrow night so I can hang out with Taft during his Batman hours while you sleep.
Hey Heidi! Sorry, no tips on your little guy. :) I'm glad I found your blog! Are you guys still in downtown SL? We should all do dinner sometime. Taft is darling!
Post a Comment