Last night was not my best moment. I cooked the toaster. I had just got home from work and was starting dinner. We have quite limited counter space in our smaller than small kitchen. The toaster is usually in a cupboard, but I had left it out in the morning after toasting my eggo blueberry waffles (really good with sliced strawberries). I moved the toaster off the burner I was going to use and turned the burner on. I thought it was the burner that my pan was on and I continued to think that until I saw smoke and smelled melted plastic. I had turned on the burner that the toaster was on. Did I mention that we already had one burner that didn't work? Well now we have two burners total. That's just great. I couldn't believe I had done it and felt pretty stupid because we all know that if Seth had done it I would've gotten way mad. Did he get mad? No. Because he's way nicer than me. Before he could say anything I said, "I KNOW! Don't tell me that if you had done it I would've been way mad, because I know that already!" Not my best moment.
Other things that I've done that I would have got mad at Seth for:
-Got a huge splotch of bleach on our comforter.
-Got grapefruit juices splatters on the wall by the couch and forgot to clean it.
-Throwing up in the car and paying over $100 to get it cleaned.
-Attempting to clean up baby puke and only making the carpet look worse.
-Breaking our car door handle. (So you had to roll down the window to let yourself out)
The list probably goes on and on, but that's all that come to mind. Moral of the story: Seth is nicer than me. (not really a newsflash)
8.18.2009
Posted by Heidi at 9:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I'm sorry that you fried your toaster and the stove in the process:(. I'm also sorry that you inherited your ability to get mad at your spouse from me:( Give Seth my apologies.
I once destroyed the only lid that I had to all my pots and pans by doing the same thing. I turned the wrong burner on. Then when I figured it out I rushed the lid over to the sink and poured cold water on it. The lid was glass. Yeah, that was a mess. And remember my little episode with the burning hot pad in Russia? So, don't worry, it happens. And, like you, I probably would have been mad if it had been Ammon and not me. But of course, he never gets mad. Lucky for us we found good husbands. Anyway, thanks for the compliment about my writing that you put on my blog, it made my day. And I did get Meg's announcement and thought she looked fantastic! Are you going?
I am not nicer than you. However, I also did not turn on our brand new iron with the plastic tags still stuck on the hot part so that they melted onto the bottom of the iron. You forgot that one on your list.
I also did not know if I was updating my log-in correctly so I put Garth as a trial. I am not interested in being referred to exclusively as Garth in case you were wondering. Garth-Seth is fine. Just Garth, not so much. I also am retiring from blog commenting for a while.
Oh Heidi :: you are one of the nicest people I know :: wives just are sometimes hard on their husbands but hey thats why we have eternity to work on ourselves right ;)
Post a Comment