8.26.2009


I'm trying to save money. Saving money is a relatively new concept in my brain. It was introduced to me by my hub. Turns out I kinda like it. I like new clothes more and wish I could just have both, but still, I kinda like the idea have seeing positive numbers in my bank account. Not very big numbers, but positive nonetheless. This and this have been helping me to save pennies at the grocery store. I recommend them.
*photo from Flickr, in case you thought that was my manly, african american hand.

5 comments:

Herways Go West said...

Saving money. A past-time. Or a hobby. I like that take on it. Good luck!
Oh, and I give a hearty vote for you all to add really cute girls to your family!

Tyler and Emily said...

Hey just saw your "I need recommendations" post. You may not need them anymore- but I HIGHLY rec reading The Foutainhead by Ayn Rand. It's amazing, I just read it and it may be my fav book ever. It could take up the whole 6 weeks though. Or a really fast read called A Long Way Gone- brutal about child soldiers in Africa- but really good. Also- the only place I like buying boy clothes is from H&M. So stock up when your in Europe. I'm jealous.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the links you posted. We've really been trying to find ways to save money on our grocery bills, but it's been challenging. I will have to keep my eye on those websites.

Saving money is both sucky and rewarding at the same time. I love seeing money in my bank account and feeling a sense of security, but like you, I hate wearing the same old clothes all the time :( Someday it will pay off!

-Cousin Rache

Melanee said...

Are you sure it isn't your manly, African-American hand? I wanted to second Tyler and Emily about reading A Long Way Gone. It is heart breaking, but really good. Another quick read (to go back to your previous post) that I like is The Alchemist. Sherlock Holmes is fun (but his first books is not very complimentary to Mormons, just to forewarn you, but it is good if you don't take it personally). If you need more, I can come up with more, just let me know.

On a related note. I have been trying to learn to be more thrifty also. I'm glad I'm not alone in this effort. I am super excited about these websites. Thank you!

Nanette said...

Watch out, it may become addicting! Jared calls me scrooge sometimes! :)