11.01.2010

Happy Halloween...Ribbit, Ribbit

Halloween Party at Music Class

Froggy hanging out with a Witch (aka Taft's little buddy Kodi)

Backside view of the costume. He's a "speckled" frog.

Seth at the Trunk or Treat. (We need a new camera. Stat.)


Some of the Transitional Residents

Trick or Treating!
We had a very fun Halloween weekend around here. Friday night was our ward's Trunk or Treat, Saturday was a Halloween party thrown by one of Seth's fellow residents, and tonight was Taft's first official night of Trick or Treating. Last year we were in Belgium and he was only 6 months old so we didn't do anything Halloween-y. Kids definitely make holidays more exciting, even if they don't know what's going on. We did get Taft to say "Trick or Treat" or at least something like it, but he got stage fright at each house. I tried to get it on film when we got home.

Taft was a frog this year. The costume was inspired by the boots my mom gave him last month. This was my first homemade costume. It definitely looks homemade, but it worked out. I figure by the time my last kid goes Trick or Treating for the last time I'll be pretty good at making costumes. Seth and I were flies to go with our little froggy. Easiest costume ever: Black clothes, wings made from fishnet tights and wire hangers, big glasses/goggles.

9 comments:

Ang said...

So cute! Well done on the frog costume :)

Taylor Bluth said...

Soooo cute. I love the speckles and seths glasses haha.

Herways Go West said...

I love homemade costumes...and your fly costumes are fabulous. Did Taft get to eat his candy he collected?

Kathleen said...

i love the update. I am impressed with your costuming skills...both the frog costume and the flies! Way to go.

La said...

Very crafty and way cute. Happy Halloween!

natalie said...

I love the costume! I think you did a great job.

Unknown said...

Love this. He is adorable. And I love the fly costumes :)

Tyler and Emily said...

great costumes!

Colie said...

Kids do make things more fun, but I think you and Seth just make things fun. Period.