Taft and I babysat for a friend the other day. Her baby is just a couple of months old and I was excited to see how Taft would react to having a newborn around for a day. He did great! It gives me great hope that we'll have a smooth-ish transition when Baby Boy gets here. Taft was very gentle with the baby and would stroke the baby's head and say "soft, soft". He also tried to help give the baby his bottle and helped burp him. Things went very well until I tried to lay the baby in Taft's crib and that's when Taft just about died. He completely freaked out. I guess he's cool with having a baby around, just as long the baby doesn't take over his stuff. Completely understandable. Although, apparently he can take over the baby's stuff:
I've had a rough couple of days with Taft lately. I don't know what it has been necessarily but my patience and energy have decreased about 75% in the last week. Yesterday I was so frustrated with how I was handling things and felt terrible that I had been such a grumpy mom for too many days. I thought to myself "I'm almost 27 years old! Why am I having a hard time getting along with a nearly 2 year old?!" I talked to Seth about it and then ate my frustrations by way of chips and salsa from Chili's. I also talked to my mom about it and felt better. It hasn't helped things recently that Taft has had some very rough nights of sleep which has left all of us in the apartment very sleep deprived. Fortunately for everyone, Taft had a much better night last night and this morning I woke up with a better attitude and have increased patience today.
I thought I needed to write down some of the funny/unique stuff Taft has been doing lately.
1. He says "sorry" a lot but I'm not sure why or how he picked it up because he uses it in weird situations. Like: He has a trike in our apartment that he's been trying to push around. It's really big and he bumps it into everything. Each time he bumps the trike against something he says "sorry" and also other times when it seems he's getting frustrated with a toy.
2. When he wants something from the kitchen he takes one of our hands and says, "Come D Come D Come".
3. He is officially OBSESSED with the movie "Cars". As long as we are home he is asking to watch it.
4. He likes being sung to before bed.
5. He now picks his nose. Gross.
This video isn't really exciting, I just thought he looks funny with a hat and no pants. Also, on a completely unrelated note, the sun sets at 4:30 here. 4:30!!! Isn't that depressing?




11 comments:
The video isn't posted. Try again please :]
scratch that :] it worked! VERY cute. Can't wait. 13 more days. Holla!!!
Hey, you did catch him picking his nose on video! Good for you! It's just a quicky though.
Ummm, anybody would lose their patience when you don't get any sleep. Just ask Mel....right Mel?
So who gets the crib when new baby boy arrives?? I guess new boy gets the pack n' play for a bit? Still, it's good that he knows to be 'soft'. He'll be a super big brother.....
Thanks for the post!
So I know that a puppy does not compare to a 2 year old human, but I can relate on the frustration piece to some degree. At least you are frustrated with a human and not a pet...I seriously cannot believe how impatient I am sometimes! It's a good thing Tanner J. is the most patient and forgiving person ever...if I am this way with my puppy, how am I going to be with my child?! UGH! Oh, and I can TOTALLY relate on the 4:30 p.m. sunset, S-U-C-K-S!! We would have to start soccer practice at 2:30 p.m. in college to get done in time. Oh the Northwest, got to love it. PS. I got your email, expect a response soon:)
shoogy thanks for the post! miss all you guys! see you soon :D
I can completely relate to pretty much this entire post. No energy? check No patience? check. Toddler is obsessed with CARS movie, picks nose, and now takes off all his clothes & pees on his bed during nap time? check. I hear 3 years old is better. We'll see.
Aw. He is a cute kid. I love that hat, very "North West Chic".
Sorry about the lack of sleep. That stinks. Brauer has been waking up from bad dreams this week (multiple times a night) and he really wants his Dad to comfort him but his Dad is in Europe. Bummer. So it takes me a 1/2 hour to wake him up enough to communicate to him that his Dad is not home. I then get to take care of four kids by myself on four hours of sleep. It is super fun.
p.s. I really like the movie cars and none of kids ever got into it. So tell Bumski that I want to cuddle and watch a movie.
Thanks for the post...I love seeing him in that hat I got for him in Peru. I agree with Lara, Northwest Chic.
I love your comment about Taft's double standard when it comes to taking over the babies stuff:) Love it!
I'm glad it helped a little bit to talk out your frustration the other night...hang in there..help is on the way - 13 days and counting!
Lack of sleep = impatience 100% Ask Jon, it's been me for the last 8 months. ;)
It's a good thing they're cute huh? It's always comforting to hear that I am not alone.
I love that he takes your hand, trying to help mom & dad understand. :) And he's always been a sweet guy, saying sorry ... and picking his nose. Sooo funny!
Post a Comment