2.22.2010

Mullets and Museums

My headache is gone, Taft took a late afternoon nap, and now I'm in a much better mood and ready to blog about something happy.

Saturday Taft had his first big boy haircut. It was Taft's first time in a "salon" and it will be the last for quite some time. The moment I paid $15 for two little snip-snips, I realized that I need to learn how to cut boys hair. Taft did great and didn't cry until the end when the hairstylist bonked him on the face with a balloon.

Before: Mullet



During



After: Handsomest Little Dude Ever

Like I said in my previous post, we went to the Discovery Gateway children's museum today. Taft is too young for a lot of the stuff, but there was actually a lot that he could do and loved it. My SIL and her sister have passes and are gracious enough to let me bum off their passes for free.













9 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

I am glad you got a good nap. I did too and I am a much better person for it. Taft is so cute. It was good to see you today.

Staci Davies said...

Love his cut! He is a handsome little guy.
Ah. We LOVE going to that museum. Lucky you get to bum off and not pay. That's the only thing when we come out, is I feel like it's over-priced. Maybe I'm cheap?

Lindsey said...

Awww cute haircut! And who knew kids haircuts were $15? (I think that's what Nathan pays!)

Melanie Herway said...

If you notice Tommy's hair a little uneven...that's why!

Jen and Jared said...

What a well-behaved little stud muffin! And after butchering Chase's hair with shears, I now go for the buzzer. Not sure you want to go that short, but just puttin' it out there. :)

Herways Go West said...

I can offer a few barber lessons if you so desire. It does save a bundle. He looks good either way! Mullet/ no mullet he still is a stud.

natalie said...

He is so cute! I've never paid to get my kids hair cuts... yet. But theirs is curly and more forgiving.
And ah, the battle of the naps. It is a hard transition going from 2 to 1 nap/day because some days they can do it and some days they can't. After about a month or 2 of that, Isabel finally officially switched to 1/day.

Kathleen said...

I love the photo of him in the Little Tikes car. I want to get him one for his birthday. Is it too big for your condo? Do I have permission?

La said...

I am glad you join us for our weekly trips to the museum. It's great to hangout and see your little dude. Taft does like mighty handsome with his new cut.